Download for RE220
- Product Overview
How to Setup a TP-Link Range Extender via the Tether App (2019)This video will take you through the process of setting up a TP-Link range extender using the TP-Link Tether app, available for your iOS or Android device
How to setup a TP-Link Range Extender -WPS- (2018)Updated video on how to use the WPS feature to setup your range extender. (us)
How to setup a Range Extender -Web- (2019)An updated video on how to setup a Range Extender using the web GUI
- How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location?
- What should I do if the range extender cannot find my host network?
- How to check whether my Range Extender is using the same SSID with my Router
- Most frequently asked questions about TP-Link range extenders
- Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance?
- What should I do if my range extender does not extend the Wi-Fi coverage?
- Why my Range Extender is unable to detect 5GHz wireless network of my root router?
- Fix Unstable Connection on the Range Extender by Changing Router Advanced Features
- What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?
- My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
- How to Configure OneMesh Range Extender via Tether app?
- How to log into the Web GUI of my Range Extender via IP address or domain name?
- How to use my Range Extender properly if your range extender is configured correctly?
- Why can't I login to the web management utility of range extender?
- Why I cannot access range extender by using the domain name
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2021-08-06||Language: English||File Size: 2.95 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
1. The emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can experience the TP-Link product management panel.
2. The listed emulators might not have the latest firmware.
3. The features displayed are for reference, and their availability may depend on local regulations. For more information, please refer to the datasheet or product page.