How to change wireless settings of TP-Link range extender on Tether APP
This article will show you how to change the wireless settings of the TP-Link range extender on the Tether App.
NOTE: If your range extender is in a OneMesh network, it automatically synchronizes network settings from your router. You will need to turn off OneMesh on the extender to change its wireless settings.
For Tether APP:
- Open Tether app
- Tap on the extender to log in. If prompted the password would be admin or the new password you have created.
- Tap on Extended Network
- change the Network Name for your Extended Network.
- Open Tether App
- Tap on the Extender. You may be required to sign in.
- Tap on Tools on the bottom of main screen of TP-Link range extender.
- Tap Extended Network and change the wireless network name.
Note: The wireless password of the extender cannot be changed. It will be the same password as the one used on the host network.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.