Cannot find or add the TP-Link device on the TP-Link apps after updating the Apple devices to iOS14
Apple has released the latest iOS14 on 2020/9/15. After updating to iOS14, it will ask your permission to communicate with our products when launching the TP-Link App (Deco/Tether/tpMiFi/ Kasa/Tapo/Omada/tpCamera) for the first time.
Please click “OK” to grant permission to our APP to communicate with our products. If you have clicked “Don’t Allow”, the problem phenomenal is below:
- TP-Link APP can’t discover TP-Link devices.
- TP-Link APP will show “unknown device” in the device list.
- You can only manage our devices via TP-Link Cloud.
- It is suggested to grant permission to our APP.
- If you have clicked “Don’t Allow” accidentally, please follow the below steps to grant the permission in the IOS Settings.
- Click “Settings” and find our APP on the list, here we take Tether as an example:
- Click Tether, enable the “Local Network” option. Reopen our APP.
If you have any questions, please contact our TP-Link support.
Your feedback helps improve this site.