Troubleshooting: Unstable connection on the TP-Link router
There are multiple factors that cause your internet connection to randomly disconnect. Please read possible solutions below which may fix an internet unstable.
Both the wired connection and wireless connection are unstable
If this issue occurs with a wireless connection, please refer to Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router
For possible solutions, please see the following:
- Disconnecting the TP-Link router from the modem (the piece of hardware supplied by your Internet company), then only connect your computer to the modem directly. If your computer cannot get a stable connection from your modem, it indicates the issue is on your modem or Internet Service.
2. If there is no problem with the modem, please try the following tips:
- Check that the Ethernet cable is connected securely to the WAN port on your router and that the cable is not loose or attached poorly. To check if there is any problem with the Ethernet cable, replace it with another Ethernet cable and see if the issue persists.
- Try to change DNS servers on your router. (You may refer to How to Change the DNS servers on the wireless router and DSL modem router (New UI)?)
- Upgrade your router to the latest version. (You may refer to How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?)
Полезен ли этот FAQ?
Ваши отзывы помогают улучшить этот сайт.