Download for RE230
- Unable to Find the SSID of the TP-Link Range Extender After Setup
- The Weak Security and Privacy Warning on the iOS14 or iOS15
- What to do when your TP-Link Range Extender Stops Working
- What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?
- Fix Unstable Connection on the Range Extender by Changing Router Advanced Features
- How to Join an OneMesh Network with a Range Extender Already Set Up
- How to Configure OneMesh Range Extender via Tether app
- How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance
- Most frequently asked questions about TP-Link range extenders
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- What should I do if my range extender does not extend the Wi-Fi coverage?
- My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
RE230(US)_V2.8_1.0.23 Build 230418
|Published Date: 2023-06-30||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 3.00 MB|
RE230(US)_V2.8_1.0.11 Build 220805
|Published Date: 2022-11-25||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 2.90 MB|
1. The firmware cannot be downgraded to the previous firmware;
2. Enhanced login password settings and UI notification;
3. Added the support of WPA3 encryption;
4. Fixed wireless related bug, enhanced the wireless stability;
5. Fixed the bug that prompted the app to disconnect after frequently clicking to view various functions on Tether.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
Note: To use Tether, please update your TP-Link device's firmware to the latest version.
1. The emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can experience the TP-Link product management panel.
2. The listed emulators might not have the latest firmware.
3. The features displayed are for reference, and their availability may depend on local regulations. For more information, please refer to the datasheet or product page.