How to set up Family Time on a TP-Link Router/Deco
Family time lets you enjoy a nice dinner, or share a fun movie with your family together by pausing the internet with one tap. Family Time is for HomeShield Subscription Service users only.
Before you start:
- You should have a TP-Link HomeShield router and have an iOS device running iOS 9 or later, or an Android device running Android 4.2 or later.
- You have downloaded and installed the TP-Link Tether app/TP-Link Deco app on your device.
Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
Note: In this article, we will take the Deco app as an example to illustrate the configuration.
1. Open Deco app. Swipe right to open the menu and select HomeShield.
2. Select a desired network to apply Advanced Parental Controls.
3. Open Deco app. Go to the Parental Controls tab and tap + > Set up Family Time. Then tap Set Up Now.
4. Add devices of the family member who you want to cut the internet and then set the time duration you want to have your family together without internet distractions.
5. Tap Start anytime you want to activate the family time. Tap Stop anytime when finished.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.