Download for TL-WA801ND
- How to find or change the wireless password on the TP-Link products
- How to Setup TP-Link AP’s Multi-SSID (VLAN) to Work with TP-Link Switch
- How to improve my wireless speed or range
- How to Upgrade TP-Link Wireless Access Point/Range Extender
- How to log in the web-based management interface of Wireless N Access Point (new logo)
- How to configure Access Point mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)
- How to configure Repeater mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)
- How to configure Client mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)
- How to configure Multi-SSID mode of the Wireless N Access Point (new logo)
- PoE Guide to TP-Link Access Points
- What can I do if my client can’t roam between my wireless router and TP-Link AP & Range Extender product?
- What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Access Point?
- How do I log into the Web-based Interface of Wireless Access Point or Extender(case 2)?
- How to connect my Media Player to the wireless network with AP client
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2016-09-13||Language: English||File Size: 3.30 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.