Q&A for TP-Link Tether APP
Compatible Devices are listed here:
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link device wirelessly.
2. Make sure the smartphone is not connected to the guest network.
3. Make sure the TP-Link device supports Tether app. Please follow the link below to check the compatibility list.
4. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
5. If the TP-Link device is a range extender using a static IP, make sure the IP address is in the same subnet as your router.
6. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
7. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app and try again.
1. Make sure it is the correct login username/password (admin/admin in default settings, and this might be changed by the customer; if the TP-Link device is bound to a TP-Link ID, please check it as well). The username/password are the same as your login credentials for the web management page.
2. Make sure the TP-Link device is using the latest firmware.
3. If the TP-Link device is a range extender using a static IP, make sure the IP address is in the same subnet as your router.
4. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app and try again.
5. If the username/password is forgotten, please reset the device manually and use the default login credentials (admin/admin) to login.
Q: What’s the username and password to sign in to Tether?
A: The default username and password are both admin (small case), same as that to log in to the web-based management page. Use the one you’ve created to sign in if it’s not admin any more. And we can only hard reset the TP-LINK device to revert it back to admin if you forgot your username or password.
Q: How to change device name on Tether App?
Your feedback helps improve this site.