What if Tether cannot detect my TP-Link product in the “Device” Page?
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link device wirelessly.
2. Make sure the smartphone is not connected to the guest network.
3. Make sure the TP-Link device supports the Tether app. Please follow the link below to check the compatibility list.
5. If the TP-Link device is a range extender using a static IP, make sure the IP address is in the same subnet as your router.
6. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
7. For iOS14 device, please grant “Local Network” permission, refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2937/
8. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the Tether app and try again.
To get more details about Tether App, please click here.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.