- Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Modems/ Gateways
- Network Expansion
- Smart Home
- Mobile Wi-Fi
- JetStream Switches
- Business Wi-Fi
- Pharos Wireless Broadband
- SafeStream Router
- Training Center
- Powerline Adapter
- Range Extender
- Business Wireless
How to enable Remote Management on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?Configuration GuideUpdated 06-27-2017 06:04:56 AMThis Article Applies to:Archer VR2800( V1 ) , Archer VR900( V3 ) , Archer VR1210v , Archer VR2800v( V1 ) , Archer VR600v( V2 ) , Archer VR400( V2 ) , Archer VR300( V1 V1.20 ) , Archer VR600( V2 ) , Archer VR2100
By default, the remote devices are not allowed to manage the modem router from the internet. You can enable remote management over HTTP and/or HTTPS if needed. HTTPS is a more secure way to access the router.
Note: If your ISP assigns a private WAN IP address (such as 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x), you cannot use the remote management feature because private addresses are not routed on the internet.
Follow the steps below to allow remote devices to manage the modem router over HTTPS.
Here takes Archer VR2800 as demonstration.
1. Log in the web interface of the modem router. You can refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
2. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Administration page. Locate the Remote Management section.
3. Tick the check box to enable Remote Management. Enable Remote Management via HTTPS to allow for HTTPS connection. Keep the Port as the default setting.
4. Set the client device allowed for remote management. Select All to allow all remote devices to manage the modem router. If you just want to allow a specific device to manage the modem router, select Only the Following IP/MAC Address and enter the IP/MAC address of the remote device.
5. Click Save.
All devices or the specific device on the internet can log in to your router using the address displayed on the Manage This Router via the Address field to manage the modem router.
1. If you were warned about the certificate when visiting the web management page remotely, click Trust (or a similar option) to continue. To avoid this warning, you can download and install the certificate on the modem router’s web management page at Advanced > System Tools > Administration.
2. The router’s WAN IP is usually a dynamic IP. Please refer to How to set up a Dynamic DNS service account on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)? if you want to log in to the router through a domain name.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.Any other feedback?How can we improve it?Thank you
We appreciate your feedback.
Click here to contact TP-Link technical support.