- Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Modems/ Gateways
- Network Expansion
- Smart Home
- Mobile Wi-Fi
- JetStream Switches
- Business Wi-Fi
- Pharos Wireless Broadband
- SafeStream Router
- Training Center
- Powerline Adapter
- Range Extender
- Business Wireless
How to protect the network from cyber attacks of the Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?Configuration GuideUpdated 04-19-2019 01:25:30 AMThis Article Applies to:TL-WR1043N( V5 ) , Archer AX50( V1 ) , Archer A2300( V1 ) , Archer AX10( V1 ) , Archer AX6000( V1 ) , Archer C59( V2 V3 ) , Archer C58( V2 ) , Archer A20( V1 ) , Archer AX1800( V1.20 ) , Archer C3150 V2 , Archer C2300( V1 V2 ) , Archer C80( V1 ) , Archer C3200( V2 ) , Archer A6( V2 ) , Archer A7( V5 ) , Archer C3150( V2 ) , Archer C60( V2 V3 ) , Archer C8( V3 V4 ) , Archer C9( V4 V5 ) , Archer C6( V2 ) , Archer A9( V6 ) , Archer C7( V4 V5 ) , Archer C5400( V2 ) , Archer C4000( V2 ) , Archer C1900( V2 ) , Archer C90( V6 ) , Archer C1200( V2 V3 ) , Archer AX1500( V1 ) , Archer A10( V1 ) , Archer C5400X( V1 ) , Archer AX20( V1 ) , Archer AX3000( V1 )
SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) Firewall and DoS (Denial of Service) Protection protect the router from cyber attacks.
The SPI Firewall can prevent cyber attacks and validate the traffic that is passing through the router based on the protocol. This function is enabled by default, and it’s recommended to keep the default settings.
The DoS Protection can protect your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests. Follow the steps below to configure DoS Protection.
1. Log in to the web-based interface of the router. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to
2. Go to Advanced > Security > Settings.
3. Enable DoS Protection.
4. Set the level (Off, Low, Middle or High) of protection for ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering, UDP-FlOOD Attack Filtering and TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering.
• ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering - Enable to prevent the ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) flood attack.
• UDP-FlOOD Attack Filtering - Enable to prevent the UDP (User Datagram Protocol) flood attack.
• TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering - Enable to prevent the TCP-SYN (Transmission Control Protocol-Synchronize) flood attack.
The level of protection is based on the number of traffic packets. The protection will be triggered immediately when the number of packets exceeds the preset threshold value (the value can be set on Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters > DoS Protection Level Settings), and the vicious host will be displayed in the Blocked DoS Host List.
5. If you want to ignore the ping packets from the WAN port, select Ignore Ping Packet From WAN Port; if you want to ignore the ping packets form the LAN port, select Ignore Ping Packet From LAN Port.
6. Click Save.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.Any other feedback?How can we improve it?Thank you
We appreciate your feedback.
Click here to contact TP-Link technical support.