Certain Clients Fail to Connect to Deco Wi-Fi
If only certain clients fail to connect to your Deco’s Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
1. Enable a Guest network with no security using only the 2.4Ghz band and check whether the device can connect to the network.
2. Confirm that you are trying to connect to the correct network and are using the correct password.
3. Ensure there are no special characters in the SSID and wireless password, such as apostrophes or other characters mentioned here: Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password
4. Change the wireless security of your network to WPA2 (Some Devices Have Difficulty with Newer Standards such as WPA 3, or may not be compatible at all)
5. Confirm the Device is not listed in the "Block List" on the Deco App Under: More > Block List.
6. Disable the "Beamforming" and "Fast Roaming" Features (Not All Decos Support the Beamforming Feature, So the Setting May Not Appear)
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.