How to install 5G external antennas on Deco X80-5G and Deco X50-5G
NOTE： Make sure you have installed two external antennas to ensure that Deco's LTE/5G network works properly.
When working in 4G/5G Router mode, you can install 5G external antennas (not included in the product package) manually to strengthen the 5G signals of your Deco.
Before You Start
- Make sure your antennas support the working frequency and band.
2496MHz~2690MHz & 3300MHz~4200 MHz
700MHz~2690MHz & 3300MHz~4200MHz
- Make sure your antennas connector type is correct. (Deco X80-5G: SMA Male; Deco X50-5G：RP-SMA.)
- Make sure your Deco is working at 4G/5G Router Mode. If not, open the Deco app and go to More > Advanced > Operation Mode to switch the mode.
Follow the steps below to install your external antennas:
1. Remove the antenna cover on the back of your Deco X80-5G/Deco X50-5G.
2. Connect your 5G external antennas to the antennas ports.
Note: The image of antennas is for reference only and may differ from actual products. We cannot guarantee the performance while using any third-party 5G external antennas.
3. Open the Deco app, go to More > External Antennas and enable External Antennas. When enabled, the external antennas will replace part of the internal antennas.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.