How to configure my range extender via web GUI (new logo)
1. Factory Reset Your Extender. With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.
2. Ensure the correct Wi-Fi password of your main router. Forget router Wi-Fi on your mobile phone and manually input the Wi-Fi password to verify the router’s Wi-Fi password is correct. ( Phone Settings > Wi-Fi >tap router's Wi-Fi SSID to forget network or Long press wifi name to delete the Wi-Fi profile). Or check the Wi-Fi password on the router Wireless settings management page.
Follow the steps below, here takes RE305 as a demonstration:
1. log in to the web management page of the range extender. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to How to login the web management page of the range extender?
2. Select your host router’s 2.4GHz SSID (network name), enter its password (NOT the password you just created for management), and click Next.
3. Select your host router’s 5GHz SSID (network name), enter its password (NOT the password you just created for management), and click Next.
- If your host router does not support a 5GHz wireless network, please click Skip to continue.
- During the configuration of the range extender, if you cannot find your host Wi-Fi network, refer here to do troubleshooting
4. Either keep the default SSIDs (network names) or customize them for the extended networks, and then click Next.
If your web GUI is different please click here.
5. Verify your wireless settings and click Save. The corresponding LED(s) (2.4GHz or 5GHz) should be on.
6. Enjoy! Connect to the extended network and enjoy the Internet. Both extended networks share the same wireless passwords as those of your host networks, but may have different network names if you have customized the SSIDs during the configuration.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.