AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6: Wi-Fi 6 technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation.2
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band).1
- Connect More Devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology while simultaneously reducing lag for ultra-responsive entertainment.3
- Quad-Core Processing: The powerful 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU ensures communications between your router and connected devices are smooth.
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strongest, most reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset.
- Increased Battery Life for Devices: Target Wake Time technology reduces your devices' power consumption to extend their battery life.5
- Easy Setup: Set up your router in minutes with the powerful TP-Link Tether App
- Backward Compatible: Archer AX20 supports all previous 802.11 standards and all WiFi devices
New Era of WiFi
Wi-Fi 6 Router
Faster Speeds. More Connected Devices.
Up to 1.8 Gbps Speeds
Connect More, Stay Fast
Reduced Power Consumption
Refined Password Security
The Wi-Fi 6 Experience
The latest generation of WiFi technology brings faster speeds, less lag, and higher capacity, enabling more simultaneous connections on your home network.6
Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Up to 1.8 Gbps
Every application feels more fluid with drastically improved WiFi speeds. Both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band get upgraded to the latest generation—perfect for 4K streaming, online gaming, and fast downloading.1
Wi-Fi 4, 2.4 GHz
40 MHz, 2×2 300 MbpsWi-Fi 6, 2.4 GHz
40 MHz, 2×2 574 Mbps
Wi-Fi 5, 5 GHz
80 MHz, 2×2 867 MbpsWi-Fi 6, 5 GHz
80 MHz, 2 ×2 1201 Mbps
Extensive WiFi Coverage with Advanced Technologies
Beamforming technology, independent Front-End Module, and four high-gain antennas combine to adapt WiFi coverage to perfectly fit your home and concentrate signal strength towards your devices.
Easily handle dozens of devices streaming and gaming at the same time—OFDMA future-proofs your home networks by providing greater capacity to connect more devices.3
OFDMA separates a single spectrum into multiple units and enables different devices to share one transmission stream, increasing efficiency and reducing latency.
1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU
Powerful Processing for
A powerful 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU generates minimal latency within your network even under heavy load of transmission. Experience a faster response time for every website click or online video playback.
Traditional 2×2 AC Router
Easy File Sharing
Share music, movies, and documents easily on every device across your home network.
Full Gigabit Ports
Connect to your devices using a wired network for robust stability.
WPA3—New Level of Cyber Security
The latest WiFi security protocol, WPA3, brings new capabilities to improve cybersecurity in personal networks. More secure encryption in WiFi password safety and enhanced protection against brute-force attacks combine to safeguard your home WiFi.3
Easy Setup and Use
Whether you prefer the intuitive Tether App or the powerful web interface, you can set up your Archer AX20 in minutes. The Tether App allows you to manage network settings from any Android or iOS device.
|Standards||Wi-Fi 6IEEE 802.11ax/ac/n/a 5 GHzIEEE 802.11ax/n/b/g 2.4 GHz|
|WiFi Speeds||AX18005 GHz: 1201 Mbps (802.11ax)2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)|
|WiFi Range||3 Bedroom Houses
Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
Concentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand WiFi range
Improves transmission power to strengthen signal coverage
Dual-BandAllocate devices to different bands for optimal performanceOFDMASimultaneously communicates with multiple Wi-Fi 6 clientsAirtime FairnessImproves network efficiency by limiting excessive occupation4 StreamsConnect your devices to more bandwidth
|Working Modes||Router ModeAccess Point Mode|
|Processor||1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU|
|Ethernet Ports||1× Gigabit WAN Port4× Gigabit LAN Ports|
|USB Support||1× USB 2.0 PortSupported Partition Formats:NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, FAT32Supported Functions:Apple Time MachineFTP ServerMedia ServerSamba Server|
|Buttons||WPS/Wi-Fi ButtonPower On/Off ButtonLED On/Off ButtonReset Button|
|Power||12 V ⎓ 1.5 A|
|Network Security||SPI FirewallAccess ControlIP & MAC BindingApplication Layer Gateway|
|Guest Network||1× 5 GHz Guest Network1× 2.4 GHz Guest Network|
|Parental Controls||URL FilteringTime Controls|
|WAN Types||Dynamic IPStatic IPPPPoEPPTPL2TP|
|Quality of Service||QoS by Device|
|Cloud Service||Auto Firmware UpgradeOTA Firmware UpgradeTP-Link IDDDNS|
|NAT Forwarding||Port ForwardingPort TriggeringDMZUPnP|
|IPTV||IGMP ProxyIGMP SnoopingBridgeTag VLAN|
|DHCP||Address ReservationDHCP Client ListServer|
|Management||Tether AppWebpageCheck Web Emulator>|
|Dimensions (W×D×H)||10.2 × 5.3 ×1.5 in(260.2 × 135.0 × 38.6 mm)|
|Package Contents||Wi-Fi Router Archer AX20Power AdapterRJ45 Ethernet CableQuick Installation Guide|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉ ~104℉)Storage Temperature: -40℃~70℃ (-40℉ ~158℉)Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensingStorage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing|
|WiFi Transmission Power||FCC:
<30dBm(2.4 GHz & 5.15 GHz~5.825 GHz)
1. Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
2. Claims about 802.11ax Wi-Fi technology are based on comparisons of the expected maximum theoretical data rates for one spatial stream using 802.11ax at 160 MHz (1201 Mbps) as opposed to one spatial stream using 802.11ac at 80 MHz (433 Mbps) as documented in IEEE 802.11ax draft 3.0 spec and IEEE 802.11-2016 wireless standard specifications, and require the use of similarly configured 802.11ax wireless network routers.
Use of 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard requires clients to also support the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard.
3. Use of MU-MIMO, DL/UL OFDMA, TWT, WPA3 and 1024QAM requires clients to also support those functions.
4. Capacity refers to overall average throughput. This amendment defines standardized modifications to both the IEEE 802.11 physical layers (PHY) and the IEEE 802.11 Medium Access Control layer (MAC) that enable at least one mode of operation capable of supporting at least four times improvement in the average throughput per station (measured at the MAC data service access point) in a dense deployment scenario, while maintaining or improving the power efficiency per station.
5.Saving clients' battery power requires clients to also support the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard. Actual power reduction may vary as a result of network conditions, client limitations, and environmental factors.
6. This router may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11AX specification.