How to set up Virtual Server on the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?
When you build up a server in the local network and want to share it on the Internet, Virtual Server can realize the service and provide it to the Internet users. At the same time virtual server can keep the local network safe as other services are still invisible from the Internet.
Virtual server can be used for setting up public services in your local network, such as HTTP, FTP, DNS, POP3/SMTP and Telnet. Different service uses different service port.
Port 80 is used in HTTP service, port 21 in FTP service, port 25 in SMTP service and port 110 in POP3 service. Please verify the service port number before the configuration.
User’s Application Scenario
For example, the personal website has been built in my home PC (192.168.1.100). I hope that my friends in the Internet can visit my website in some way. The PC is connected to the modem router with the WAN IP address 18.104.22.168.
Assign a static IP address to your PC, for example 192.168.1.100.
Follow the steps below.
Note: Archer VR2600 is used for demonstration in this article.
Go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers, click Add.
Click View Existing Services, and choose HTTP. The external port, internal port and protocol will be automatically filled with contents. Enter the PC’s IP address 192.168.1.100 in the Internal IP field.
1. It is recommended to keep the default settings of Internal Port and Protocol if you are not clear about which port and protocol to use.
2. If the service you want to use is not in the Service Type, you can enter the corresponding parameters manually. You should verify the port number that the service needs.
3. You can add multiple virtual server rules if you want to provide several services in a modem router. Please note that the External Port cannot be overlapped.
Click OK to save the settings.
Users in the Internet can enter http:// WAN IP (in this example: http:// 22.214.171.124) to visit your personal website.
1. WAN IP should be a public IP address. For the WAN IP is assigned dynamically by ISP, it is recommended to apply and register a domain name for the WAN refer to Set Up a Dynamic DNS Service Account. Then you can use http:// domain name to visit the website.
2. If you have changed the default External Port, you should use http:// WAN IP: External Port or http:// domain name: External Port to visit the website.
3. If you are not sure how to configure static IP on the device, you may do an Address Reservation refers to How to configure Address Reservation on the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router, so that IP will always be assigned to the device.
4. Make sure the server is accessible from internal network. You can check if you can access that server in the local network. If you are unable to get access to the server in internal network please check settings of your server.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.