Download for Deco M9 Plus
- Product Overview
- What is the TP-Link Router Alexa Skill and how do I use it?
- What should I do if an additional Deco fails to be found?
- What should I do if I want to use Deco along with my existing router?
- How can I set up Deco with an existing modem?
- How to Update the Firmware of Deco
- Setting up parental controls on a TP-Link Deco M5
- How can I enable a guest network and share it with others?
- What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
- How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?
- How to find your TP-Link Router’s IP address?
- Which wireless devices can I use to set up and manage my Deco network?
- How to remove a device from the Blacklist?
- How to extend guest network when there is a switch between Decos
- How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?
- What should I do if I have more than one Deco models
- What should I do if I cannot open a website through Deco network?
- What should I do if firmware upgrade of my Deco failed?
- What can I do if I cannot set up my Deco?
- How to add a new Deco network through Deco app?
- How to use Shortcut function in Deco app?
- How to use Automation function in Deco app?
- How do I disconnect TP-Link Router’s or Deco’s permissions of IFTTT?
- How to add a GE Smart Switch to the Deco network?
- Adding an additional unit to your TP-Link Deco M5 network
- How to set up Port Forwarding with Deco?
- How to configure Address Reservation with Deco?
- Using the Deco M5’s QoS feature
- Using the Deco M5 Advanced Settings
- Manager Accounts on the Deco M5
- Getting to know your Deco M5 app
- Changing your Wireless Settings on your Deco M5
- How to make my TP-Link Wi-Fi products work with IFTTT?
- TP-Link Smart Bulb (Wi-Fi)
- How do I get pass the step of connecting to the internet during Deco setup?
- How does QoS influence the real-time data flow of the Deco?
- Trigger and Action list of IFTTT that TP-Link Wi-Fi products Support?
- I use an Arris TG862 cable modem, why my Deco keeps failing to connect to TP-Link cloud?
- What’s a TP-Link ID?
- Deco M5 Setup Walkthrough
- Is it normal that my Deco feels warm?
- Why Deco's WiFi is showing Internet May Not Be Available on my mobile device when standing next to the Deco unit?
- Does Deco support Ethernet Backhaul?
- How to configure IFTTT via TP-Link APP?
- Kwikset Smart Lock
- Why IFTTT Applets didn't work on my TP-Link Wi-Fi products?
- Nest Protect
- Nest Thermostat
- SmartThings Arrival Sensor
- SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
- SmartThings Outlet
- SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
- SmartThings Motion Sensor
- Securifi Door/Window Sensor
- Smartenit Motion Sensor
- Securifi Motion Sensor
- Centralite Motion Sensor
- Centralite Plug-In Module
- GE Link Smart Bulb
- TP-Link Smart Plug/Switch
- OSRAM Smart Bulb
- Philips Hue Light
- Gunilamp Smart Luminaire
- BeON Bulb
- Cree LED Bulb
- Sengled Bulb
- What to do if you cannot connect to your Deco M5 remotely?
- How many Deco units can I have in my home?
- How many devices can be connected to a Deco network?
- What’s included in Deco’s Antivirus?
- How do I filter online content for my children?
- Can I set limits on the time my children spend online?
- What are Deco’s Parental Controls?
- Can I enable both online activity and device QoS at the same time? Which one has a higher priority?
- What does Deco’s Quality of Service (QoS) do?
- Can my printer join a Deco network?
- How can I update the Deco firmware and why should I update it?
- Can I turn off the LED at night?
- What is a guest network?
- What do the different LED colors mean?
- Can I modify the notification settings?
- What kind of messages will the Deco app send me?
- There’s something wrong with my additional Deco units.
- There’s something wrong with the Deco app.
- There’s something wrong with my primary Deco unit.
- What should I do if I cannot remotely manage my Deco network?
- Deco app Dashboard explanation
- Can I manage my Deco network remotely?
- What should I do if synchronization fails when adding a Deco?
- How can I find a suitable spot for my Deco?
- Can multiple accounts manage a Deco network at the same time?
- What’s the difference between an owner account and a manager account?
- How can I change the email address bound to my TP-Link ID？
- Why does TP-Link require my email address?
- Why am I unable to sign up?
- How do I set up my Deco?
- Will Deco be sold in my region?
- What features does Deco support?
- Can I use Deco along with my current ISP?
- Can Deco replace my modem or router?
- How many Deco units do I need? Are they all the same?
- What’s a Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?
- Do I need internet access when setting up Deco for the first time?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （ Normally V1.x=V1）
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V1_181206|
|Published Date: 2018-12-26||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 19.92 MB|
|Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V1_180818|
|Published Date: 2018-08-29||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 19.69 MB|
|Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V1_180803|
|Published Date: 2018-08-29||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 19.68 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.