How do I configure local and remote management on TL-WR820N?
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the password you set for the router.
2. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Web Management.
By default, the router allow all devices on the local network to access and manage the router.
To allow only specific devices to access and manage the router locally, follow these steps:
1. Select Allow specified local devices.
2. Enter one or more MAC addresses. You can click to add your current computer’s MAC address to the list above.
3. Click Save.
By default, the router doesn’t allow devices to access and manage the router remotely from the Internet.
To enable remote management, follow these steps:
1. Select Allow all remote devices to enable remote management for all devices.
Or select Allow specified remote devices and enter the IP address of the remote device to be allowed to access the router.
2. Enter the port number to be used to access the router between 1024 and 65535. The default value is 8888.
3. Click Save.
1. To access the router remotely, you should type your router’s WAN IP address into your browser’s address field, followed by a colon and the custom port number (e.g. http://220.127.116.11:8080). After entering the correct password, you will be able to access the router’s web management page.
2. Be sure to set a very secure password for the router.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.