How to update the firmware of Tapo devices in the Tapo App
The firmware on TP-Link Tapo smart devices can only be updated by using the TP-Link Tapo App. Please make sure you’ve downloaded this App before continuing.
Before you begin:
Please log into your cloud account and make sure you can control your smart devices.
How to create an account in Tapo app
Update the firmware for all Tapo devices
Here we take Tapo P110 as an example.
1. On the home page, tap on your plug model card to go to the plug control panel.
2. On the plug control panel, tap the gear icon to enter the Device Settings page.
3. You can tap Firmware Update to check for updating the firmware and customizing auto Update Time.
From the ‘Me’ page, tap Firmware Update to check for updates or update the firmware.
Another way updating the firmware for Tapo cameras only
Here we take Tapo C200 as an example.
1. On the home page, tap on your camera model card or tap Camera Preview > Manage to go to the Live View page.
2. On the Live View page, tap the gear icon to enter the Camera Settings page.
3. Tap your camera model and you can find the Firmware Version. And you can tap to check for update or update the firmware.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.