How to configure IP & MAC Binding on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
IP & MAC Binding, namely, ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Binding, is used to bind a network device’s IP address to its MAC address. This will prevent ARP spoofing and other ARP attacks by denying network access to a device with a matching IP address in the Binding list, but an unrecognized MAC address.
I want to: Prevent ARP spoofing and ARP attacks.
How can I do that?
Here takes Archer VR2800 as demonstration.
1. Log in the web interface of the modem router. You can refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
2. Go to Advanced > Security > IP & MAC Binding and enable IP & MAC Binding.
3. Bind your device(s) according to your needs.
To bind the connected device(s)
1) Select the device(s) to be bound in the ARP List.
2) Click Bind to add to the Binding List.
To bind the unconnected device
1) Click Add.
2) Enter the MAC address and IP address that you want to bind.
3) Select the check box to enable the entry and click OK.
Enjoy the internet without worrying about ARP spoofing and ARP attacks.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.