What should I do if I fail to login to the cloud camera’s Web Interface?
Note：This FAQ is suitable for all TP-Link cloud cameras including NC200, NC220, NC250 and so on. Here we take NC450 as an example.
If you haven’t setup the cloud camera please refer to the QIG or How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?
If you want to login to the cloud camera’s web interface, please refer to How to log in to the cloud camera’s Web Interface?
However, if you failed to login to the camera’s web interface via the IP address, please follow below steps to do some basic troubleshooting:
Make sure the camera is connected to the router or a PC correctly and ensure the cable is firmly plugged in (If there is cable), and the Ethernet LED will be on.
If the camera has been set up and connected to your home Wi-Fi, please ensure the System LED on camera is solid green (please refer to User Guide for specific camera’s LED status)
Note: If your camera is NC210, just skip this step as there is no ethernet port on it.
Ensure you are able to login to camera and manage it on tpCamera APP on your phone. If not, you may fail to set it up successfully, please go back to the very beginning of this article and configure the camera again.
If both step 1 and step 2 are confirmed but still cannot log in, please try to do a PING test to see if the camera is reachable in the network: PING the IP of the camera (here we take 192.168.0.101 for an example) first to test the connection (For how to PING an IP address, you can refer to How to Use the Ping Command)
Situation A: The ping is successful but still can’t login to the web interface
If you can receive replies from the camera successfully, that means the device is working fine and probably the issue is caused by your browser or firewall on this PC. The steps below will help you eliminate the influence of your browser/firewall:
1. Sometimes the browser will create DNS cache data or just go wrong and block up the reply message from the network.
Clear the DNS cache: As the IP address of the camera will be changed by the front router, so sometimes the DNS cache will lead you to a wrong IP address. For how to clear the DNS cache on your computer, please refer to How to clear the DNS cache on your computer
Reopen the browser: Close the browser and open it again, simply restart can get the browser back to normal.
Try a different browser or computer: Sometimes the particular settings on your browser will block reply from a network device, simply try another browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) or a computer may solve the problem.
2. Sometimes the firewall on your computer may also block up the reply message from the network, and close the firewall or antivirus software will usually fix the issue.
Here we take Kaspersky for example:
In the bottom right corner of your desktop, right-click on the Kaspersky icon and select Exit in the context menu.
Situation B: Failed Ping Commands
If you get the failure message, then the issue probably lies in the camera itself or the wrong network settings on the computer, try below steps to check some settings.
1. Try to reset the camera by pressing and holding the RESET button (for more than 5 seconds, some cameras may even require longer press) until the System LED turns off.
2. Restart both camera and computer. Turn them off completely and power them back on.
3. Check the TCP/IP properties
For Windows OS, you can refer to Change TCP/IP settings, configure the setting as “obtain an IP address automatically”.
For MAC OS, you can refer to How to Set up the Mac OS to obtain an IP address automatically, configure the setting as “using DHCP”.
4. Check if your computer gets an IP address correctly, which should be assigned by your router
For Windows OS, you can refer to:
For MAC OS, you can refer to:
5. Check if you have multiple network connections on the computer at the same time, such as wired, wireless and VPN, it is recommended to disable or disconnect all your internet and VPN connections and only leave the wired connection to your router.
Mit Ihrer Rückmeldung tragen Sie dazu bei, dass wir unsere Webpräsenz verbessern.