How to upgrade the firmware of 11N Range Extender (new logo)?
TP-Link is committed to improving product features, giving you a better network experience. You can download the latest firmware file from the Support page at our website www.tp-link.com and upgrade the extender to the latest firmware version.
1. Make sure the latest firmware file is matched with the hardware version (as shown in the download section of the Support page).
2. Make sure that you have a stable connection between the extender and your computer. It is NOT recommended to upgrade the firmware wirelessly.
3. Backup your extender configuration.
4. Do NOT power off the extender during the firmware upgrade.
Here takes TL-WA820RE as demonstration:
To upgrade the firmware:
1. Download the latest firmware file for the extender from our website www.tp-link.com.
2. Log into the Web GUI of the range extender. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to How to log into the Web GUI of my 11N Range Extender (new logo)?
3. Go to Settings > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
4. Click Browse to locate the downloaded new firmware file, and then click Upgrade.
5. Wait a few minutes for the firmware upgrade to complete and the extender to reboot.
If you want to keep the current settings before the upgrade, please backup the configuration settings and restore later.
Go to Settings > System Tools > Backup & Restore.
To backup configuration settings:
Click Backup to save a copy of the current settings to your local computer. A ‘.bin’ file of the current settings will be stored on your computer.
To restore configuration settings:
1. Click Browse to locate the backup configuration file stored on your computer, and click Restore.
2. Wait a few minutes for the restore and reboot.
Note: During the restore process, do not power off or reset the extender.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Mit Ihrer Rückmeldung tragen Sie dazu bei, dass wir unsere Webpräsenz verbessern.