How to update the firmware on TD-W9960?
We will inform you through the web management page if there’s any update firmware available for your router. The latest firmware can also be downloaded from the Support page of our website www.tp-link.com for free.
1. Make sure that you have a stable connection between the router and your computer. It is NOT recommended to upgrade the firmware wirelessly.
2. Make sure you remove any USB storage device connected to the router before the firmware upgrade to prevent data loss.
3. Back up your router configuration before upgrading the firmware.
4. Do NOT turn off the router during the firmware upgrade.
5. If you don’t want to lose the current configuration, please refer to How to back up and restore configuration settings on TD-W9960?
Log in the web interface of the modem router. You can refer to How to login to the web management page of TD-W9960
If there’s any firmware update available for your router, the update icon will display on the top-right corner of the page. Click the icon to go to the Firmware Upgrade page.
Alternatively, you can go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade, and click Check for Upgrades to see if there’s any new firmware.
Tips: If there’s any new important firmware update for your router, you will see the notification (similar as shown below) on your computer when open a new web page. Click Upgrade now, and log into the web management page. You will see the Firmware Upgrade page.
Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.
1. Download the latest firmware file for the router from our website www.tp-link.com.
2. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
3. Focus on the Device Information section. Make sure the downloaded firmware file matches with the Hardware Version.
4. Focus on the Local Upgrade section. Click Browse to locate the downloaded new firmware file, and click Upgrade.
5. Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.