How to set up Parental Controls of TP-Link cable modem routers（Blue UI）
User’s Application Scenario
Control the time of day my children or other home network users are allowed to access the Internet and even types of websites they can visit.
How can I do that?
For example, I want to allow my children’s devices (e.g. a computer or a tablet) to access only www.tp-link.com and Wikipedia.org from 18:00 (6PM) to 22:00 (10PM) on weekdays, and not for other times.
Follow the steps below:
Note: Archer CR700 is used for demonstration in this article.
1. Please refer to How to log into the web-based management interface of Archer CR700?
2. Go to Basic or Advanced > Parental Controls and Enable Parental Controls.
3. Click Add.
4. Click View Existing Devices, and select the device to be controlled (recommended). Or, enter the Device Name and MAC Address manually. Set a Description for this rule.
5. Click the icon to set the Effective Time. Drag the cursor over the appropriate cell(s) and click OK.
Note: Please make sure that the Time is correct before using this function.You may refer to How to set up system time of Archer CR700?
6. Enter a Description for the entry. Select the checkbox to enable this entry and click OK.
7. Select the restriction type.
1) With Black list mode selected, the controlled devices cannot access any websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
2) With White list mode selected, the controlled devices can only access websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
8. Click Add a New Keyword. You can add up to 200 keywords for both Blacklist and Whitelist. Enter the keywords or websites you want to add and click Save.
Now, my child’s device (64en) is allowed to access only www.tp-link.com and Wikipedia.org, from 18:00 (6PM) to 22:00 (10PM) on weekdays and not for other times.
Now we have finished all the settings on Parental control.
1) Enter a web address (e.g. www.tp-link.com) or a web address keyword (e.g. wikipedia) to only allow or block access to the websites containing that keyword.
2) If you wish to block all Internet browsing access, do not add any keyword to the Whitelist.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.