California "Do Not Sell My Info" Notice
Like many other online companies, we may use services provided by Google, Facebook, and others to help deliver interest-based ads to you. California law may classify some cases of limited information sharing with advertising partners through the use of these services as a “sale” of personal information from which California residents have the right to opt-out. This is because the companies that provide these services and our advertising partners may collect some information from our users (e.g., cookies, advertising IDs, IP addresses, and usage activity) to help them understand how people interact with advertising content on and off of our services and content, and to serve ads that they think users may want to see based on their online activity.
There are a few different ways you can do this for cookies:
You can use your browser’s settings to clear, delete, or prevent cookies. Instructions for how to do this on the different types of browsers can be found here.
- We may use Google tools to measure and serve advertisement. Please go to here to control your advertisement preferences with Google, and further here for additional tools to opt-out of personalized ads and cookies from Google.
- We may use Amazon tools to measure and serve advertisement. Please go here to control your advertisement preferences with Amazon, and here to learn more about how Amazon conducts these services.
- We sometimes use Facebook to help serve advertising. Please go here to control your advertisement preferences with Facebook, and to learn more.
- Many of our advertisement partners collect information by using a tag or pixel implemented by a company that is a member of the National Advertising Initiative and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance, both of which participate in opt-outs. These organizations can help you install opt-out “do not track” cookies on your browser, so that member companies that have committed to honoring them will stop serving you interest based-advertisements. You can have these opt-out cookies placed on your browser by going to here and here. Please note that if you have configured your browser’s settings to block cookies you may not be able to set the opt-out cookie and may see a message that an “Opt-Out is Blocked by Browser Settings,” or that an “Opt-Out is Temporarily Unavailable.” In addition, if you clear or delete cookies on a particular browser, you will need to reset the opt-out cookie. If you use different computers or browsers, you may need to replicate your choices across those computers and browsers.
- Additionally, you can also restrict the collection and use of advertising IDs on your mobile device. Instructions for how to do this can be found here. If you use multiple mobile devices, you will need to replicate your selections across these devices.
Effective January 1, 2020