How to install/update the driver of network adapter Manually in Windows XP?
Before the installation, please make sure the adapter is connected to the computer and is detected by the system.
1. Open Start Menu, and click Run…
2. Input “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
3. Find the new detected hardware, right click it and then click Update Driver…
4. Select No, not this time.
5. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).
6. Select Don´t search. I will choose the driver to install.
7. Select Show All Devices.
8. Click Have Disk.
9. Point to the inf file in the driver folder, and then click Open.
If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.
If you don’t see "x64 Edition" listed under System, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
The edition of Windows XP you're running is displayed under System near the top of the window.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Continue Anyway.
12. Click Finish.
As yet, the adapter has been successfully installed. You can go to Device Manager and check Network Adapters.
If there are any further problems, please visit our FAQ page or contact TP-Link support.
Your feedback helps improve this site.