Warranty Terms and Conditions
TP-Link UK warrants its products against defects under normal use during the limited warranty time.
The limited warranty is only valid for products originally purchased from TP-Link UK authorized distributor or retailer. Any product which is purchased from private person or unauthorized dealer is in the risk not to be entitled to receive TP-Link UK warranty service.
The warranty time starts from the purchase date of your original product no matter how many replacements are made during the warranty period.
The warranty covers the main device, antenna and external power supply for any material or workmanship defects. Packaging, various cables, software products, technical data and other accessories are not covered under this warranty.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by physical abuse, accident, natural disaster, or use which is different from the TP-Link’s advice and instructions.
TP-Link UK will only be able to replace defective product with a same model or an equivalent product. No option of upgrading to or substituting different products. The maximum liability of TP-Link UK is equal to, and no higher than the products purchased price.
TP-Link UK will not provide refund or reimburse postage for faulty items being returned for replacement.
TP-Link UK is not responsible for International Warranty Service. The warranty service is only valid for all eligible TP-Link products which are purchased and used in the UK & Ireland. Any other additional warranty service agreed during purchase shall only be effective based on the contract signed by TP-Link UK.
Proof of purchase and a complete product serial number are required to receive any services guaranteed as part of the limited warranty.
PLEASE RETAIN THE INVOICE OR RECEIPT to verify the purchase for any warranty claim.TP-Link UK may decline to offer warranty service if the effective invoice or receipt is failed to be produced.
Click here to view "Warranty Exemptions"
Conditions disqualifying a product from Warranty include but are not limited to the following:
- Any defect caused by misuse, improper installation or maintenance that is not required by TP-Link UK Lt destruction;
- Any defect caused by software, virus or improper use of self-made and non-public software;
- Any product beyond the limited free replacement and repair period;
- Any unauthorised obliteration or damage to the product barcode;
- Any discrepancy between the product type and barcode or warranty card;
- Any unauthorised modification to the supporting setting files, or any authorized disassembly and repair;
- Any defect caused by improper use in the working conditions beyond those stated in the literature (for example: working conditions that are too hot/cold, wet/dry; high sea-level; instable electric current and voltage and so on)
- Any defect caused by personal disaster or improper maintenance, such as mechanical damage, serious oxidation and rusting, rat damage, over exertion and so on;
- Any defect caused by transportation or loading during returning voyage;
- Any natural disaster such as earthquake, fire, flood, thunder strike and so on;
- Any other defects that are not caused by workmanship, technique, product quality and the like;
Conditions that Disqualify Product from Warranty in the external power supply include:
- The returned power supply has obvious damage, fissure, broken legs, severe deformation;
- The returned power cord is broken, has naked core and damages like this.
As of February 20, 2017, TP-Link UK offers a 3 Year Warranty program on our selected SOHO Products. The warranty period is automatically upgraded to 3 years, and the customer will no longer be required to register products. See more information about “Changes to TP-Link UK Warranty Policy”
|Product type||Warranty Period|
|TP-Link SOHO Products||3 Years|
|TP-Link Smart Home Products & Accessories & Outdoor AP & Antennas||2 Years*|
|TP-Link SMB Products||Limited Lifetime Warranty*|
|External Battery Within Below Product Package & Bluetooth Adapter||1 Year|
|AD Multi-band Wireless Router||AC Tri-band Wireless Router||AC Dual band Wireless Router|
|Talon AD7200||Archer AX11000||Archer A5|
|Archer AX6000||Archer A7|
|Archer C5400||Archer C1200|
|Archer C5400X||Archer C2|
|Archer C4000||Archer C20i|
|Archer C3200||Archer C2300|
|N Router||Mini Pocket Router||Archer C3150|
|Whole Home Wi-Fi System|
|Deco M5||Deco P9 (3 Pack)||Deco M4 (3 Pack)|
|Deco M9 Plus (3 Pack)||Deco M3 (3 Pack)||Deco M4|
|Deco M9 Plus (2 Pack)||Deco P7 (2 Pack)||Deco E3 (2 Pack)|
|Deco E4 (3 Pack)||Deco M3W|
|DSL Modem & Router3|
|Wireless VDSL/ADSL Modem Router||VoIP VDSL/ADSL Modem Router||Wireless ADSL2+Modem Router|
|Archer VR2800||TD-VG5612||Archer D2|
|Archer VR2600||Archer D20|
|Archer VR900||Archer D50|
|3G / 4G Router3|
|Router||3G USB Dongle|
|AV 2000 Series||AV 1300 Series||AV 1200 Series|
|TL-WPA9610 KIT||TL-PA8010P KIT V2/V3||TL-PA8010 KIT|
|TL-PA9020P KIT||TL-PA8033P KIT||TL-PA8010P KIT V1|
|TL-PA9020 KIT||TL-WPA8630 KIT V2||TL-PA8030P KIT|
|TL-WPA8630P||TL-WPA8630 KIT V1|
|TL-WPA8630P KIT V2||TL-WPA8630P KIT V1|
|AV 1000 Series||AV 600 Series||AV 500 Series|
|TL-PA7010 KIT||TL-PA4010 KIT V1.20||TL-WPA4530 KIT|
|TL-PA7010P KIT||TL-PA4016P KIT V1.20|
|TL-PA7017 KIT||TL-PA4020P KIT V1.20|
|TL-PA7020 KIT||TL-PA4022P KIT|
|TL-PA7020P KIT||TL-WPA4220 KIT V1.20|
|TL-PA711 KIT||TL-WPA4220 V1.20|
|TL-PA717 KIT||TL-WPA4220T KIT V1.20|
|TL-WPA7510 KIT||TL-WPA4226 KIT V1.20|
|AV 200 Series|
|TL-WPA281 KIT V3 (UK)|
|Wireless AC||300Mbps Wireless Range Extender|
|AC Access Points||N Access Points||Outdoor Wireless Access Point|
|Unmanaged Pure-Gigabit Switch3|
|TL-SG1008D V6||TL-SG1005D V6|
|Unmanaged 10/100M Switch3|
|Wireless USB Adapter||Wireless PCI Express/PCI Adapter||Gigabit PCI Network Adapter|
|Archer T1U||Archer T4E||TG-3468|
|Archer T2U||Archer T6E||TG-3269|
|Archer T2U Nano||Archer T9E|
|Archer T2U Plus||TL-WDN4800|
|Archer T4U V2|
|EAP Series Soution||CAP Series Soution||Management Platform|
|EAP330 (EOL)||CAP1750 (EOL)||OC200|
|EAP225 - Wall|
|EAP115 - Wall|
|L3/L2+ Managed Switch3|
|L2 Managed Switch3|
|T3700G-52TQ||TL-SL3452 (EOL)||TL-SG5428 (EOL)|
|T2600G-52TS (TL-SG3452)||T2600G-28TS (TL-SG3424)|
|TL-SL3428 (v3) (EOL)|
|T1600G-28TS (TL-SG2424)||TL-SL2218 (EOL)|
|Easy Smart Switch3|
|Unmanaged Pro Switch3|
|Unmanaged Pure-Gigabit Switch3|
|Unmanaged 10/100M Switch3|
|T1600G-52PS (TL-SG2452P)||T2600G-28MPS (TL-SG3424P)||TL-SG1218MPE|
|VPN Router||Broadband Router|
|Smart Plugs||Smart Cameras||Cloud Camera||Smart Bulbs|
|Power Bank||Print Server||Bluetooth Music Receiver||Bluetooth Speaker||Adapter|
|USB Hub||USB to Ethernet Converter||USB Charger||USB Car Charger||USB Cable|
|PoE Splitter||PoE Injector||Gigabit Fiber Converter||100M WDM Fiber Converter||100M Fiber Converter|
|SFP+/SFP Module||SFP+ LC Transceiver||SFP+ Cable||GBIC Module||Rack-mounted Accessories|
|Ethernet Adapter Kit||Power Supply|
|Outdoor AP & Antennas|
|Outdoor Radio||Wireless Antennas||Cable|
|Outdoor CPE||Outdoor Base Station||EAP Series Soution||CAP Series Soution|
|CPE510||WBS510||EAP225 - Outdoor||CAP300 - Outdoor|
|CPE210||WBS210||EAP110 - Outdoor|
|External Battery Within Below Product Package|
*All smart home products which are produced after Sep.2019 is entitled for 2 years warranty.
*The lifetime warranty for all SMB products which are purchased after 15th May 2015. (T&C apply)
*The warranty for ‘’End of Life’’ (EOL) SMB products, will be 5 years and start from the date when any SMB product is announced as EOL.
*2 Years warranty for all power supplies of routers and switches.
If you are experiencing with the defective product under the warranty period, please first contact your original distributor or retailer regarding a refund or replacement. They will cover the cost of sending the faulty product back to them and could offer you a rapid replacement before the faulty product has been returned.
If your product is no longer qualify for distributor or online/retail store’s replacement policy, but still covered under TP-Link warranty terms and conditions, you may process it through TP-Link UK’s Return Material Authorization (RMA) program by following the steps:
- Click here to view detailed procedures for Standard Service
- Click here to view detailed procedures for Advanced Service
Standard RMA Service
Procedures in Detail
Step 1) Contact us through TP Technical Support team. A representative will help you with remote troubleshooting and will issue you a unique RMA number once the product has been judged faulty.
Step 2) An email explaining the RMA process will be sent from TP-Link Hotline Support Team.
Step 3) Produce the effective invoice/receipt to UK RMA Team for approval.
Step 4) Return defective product along with RMA number and shipping address to TP UK RMA team.
Step 5) TP-Link UK RMA Team will deliver a replacement next two working days of receiving the defective product.
- Customer contact detail and product information will be requested to provide in Step 1.
- The customer is responsible for the one-way shipping fee of sending the defective product to TP-Link UK RMA team.
- TP-Link UK is responsible for one way shipping fee in Step 5.
Advanced RMA Service (UK Mainland Only)
TP-Link UK can offer an Advanced RMA service at charging £24 for customer who expects to receive a new replacement before sending back the defective unit in order to reduce the interruption time. TP-Link UK RMA team will arrange the delivery of replacement and collection of defective unit at the same time via courier after service fee has been completed.
Procedures in Detail
Step 1) Require the representative to arrange this service when you contact us regarding faulty unit.
Step 2) Confirm and arrange the payment after receiving the email regarding RMA process.
Step 3) Get faulty unit ready to be collected after arranging the time through TP UK RMA team.
Step 4) Hand over the faulty unit to courier and receive the replacement.
- The payment will need to be arranged by bank transfer. TP-Link UK can’t accept phone payment or deduct the money from debit/credit card.
1. Any warranty service made by the distributor or retailer is beyond this warranty policy and TP-Link UK shall not be held liable. Please obtain documents during purchase in order to be honoured by the distributor or retailer.
2. Any direct or indirect damage that prohibited the product to function normally, TP-Link UK shall only be liable for the duties stipulated by the UK law.
3. TP-Link UK shall neither, on any account, respond to any loss caused by damages such as improper use of applications and configurations, nor respond to any accusation put forward by a third party.
4. For health and safety reason, we would not accept the customer to drop off the faulty device at office for a replacement. All faulty devices are requested to return by post and the replacement will be processed through RMA procedure according RMA policy.
5.TP-Link UK reserves all rights including, but not limited to, any interpretation and modification of and to this warranty policy.
UPDATED IN DEC.2019