How to access my USB storage device on the TP-Link wireless routers from my Android and IOS phone?
Some TP-LINK wireless routers have a USB port which allows you to share the USB storage device in your Local Area Network. This article illustrates how to access your USB storage device via your Android and IOS phone, which is on the premise that you have already configured the network sharing function on your router. If you don’t know how to do it, please click here to get the specific instruction
Note: We take Archer VR2600 V1 as example in this article. Some models' LAN IP address could be 192.168.0.1 or other address which you configured manually.
PART 1: For Android System
We need to install third party software to access the files shared from the USB drive attached to the router. Here we take ES File Explorer for example.
1. Please go to SettingsàWiFi/WLAN on your phone and connect your phone to the Wi-Fi of the router.
2. Please install and run the ES File Explorer on your phone. Then please click the Settings button on the left side. And then please click Network--LAN.
3. Please click Scan.
4. Then you will see the Archer VR2600. Please click on it to view the folders on your USB drive.
PART 2: IOS System (Here we take iPhone for example)
We need to install third party software, like Ace Music、Ace Player 、File Explorer、File Browser, to access the files shared from the USB drive attached to the router. Here we use Ace Player for example.
1. Please go to SettingsàWiFi on your phone and connect your phone to the Wi-Fi of the router.
2. Please install and run the Ace Player on your phone. Then please click on Media Explorer.
3. Please click Samba Servers.
4. Please click the “+”on the top right corner, and then type in the LAN IP address of the router. Then please press the OK sign on the top right corner.
Note: If you set up username and password for the Storage Sharing function on the router, you need to put in the username and password here.
5. Then please press the 192.168.1.1. And you can access the files on your USB drive now.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Krijg updates over nieuwe producten, samenwerkingen en ander interessant nieuws