Descarga para Deco M4
- Descripción General
How to Set up the TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi SystemThis video guides you step by step to set up your Deco M4. With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form one unified whole-home network with the same network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds. For more information about TP-Link Deco M4, visit: https://bit.ly/33IRwWc
How to setup a TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi systemHow to install and configure your TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System
What to do if I fail to configure the main Deco and get stuck on “Testing Internet Connection”?This video provides you with solutions when you fail to configure the main Deco and get stuck on the step ” Testing Internet Connection”.
What to do if I fail to configure the satellite Deco and get stuck on “We couldn't find another Deco”?This video provides you with solutions when you fail to configure the slave Deco and get stuck on the step ” We couldn't find another Deco”.
What to do if I fail to configure the main Deco and get stuck on “We couldn't find Deco”?This video provides you with solutions when you fail to configure the main Deco and get stuck on the step ” We couldn’t find Deco”.
- Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?
- Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?
- How do I know which Deco my client is connected to?
- How to configure VLAN ID for your internet connection on Deco?
- How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
- Why my clients fail to connect to the Deco Wi-Fi when Fast Roaming is enabled?
- How to Update the Firmware of Deco
- How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick
- What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?
- How to configure the Connection Alerts feature on the Deco app?
- What can I do if my wireless devices cannot connect to Deco?
- General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco
- Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- How can I enable a guest network and share it with others?
- Changing the Wireless Settings on your Deco app
- Why did I receive a new device connection alert when a known device joined the network?
- Common questions about Deco
- Fail to setup main Deco
- Setting up parental controls on a TP-Link Deco
- What's a TP-LINK ID and how to create a TP-LINK ID ?
- How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?
- How to control the TP-Link router with Google Assistant?
- What can I do if the internet connection is unstable when connected to the Deco network?
- How to Link your TP-Link Router to Google Assistant
- What can I do if Deco suddenly lost internet access?
- Fail to setup the Satellite Deco
- What are the differences between different models of Deco?
- What’s a Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System and How it works?
- Can I use Deco with my existing router?
- How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?
- How can I find a suitable spot for my Deco?
- Can different Deco models work together?
- How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?
- Why does TP-Link require my email address?
- Using QoS feature of Deco
- How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?
- How to find the firmware version of Deco?
- Why are my Deco units or clients showing offline?
- Deco Setup Walkthrough
- Adding an additional unit to your TP-Link Deco network
- How many Deco units can I have in my home?
- What can I do if the Deco app isn't working properly
- How can I set up Deco with an existing modem?
- Is it normal that my Deco feels warm?
- How to enable WPS function on Deco?
- How to change the name of the client on the Deco app?
- General question about the Wi-Fi range of Deco
- Fail to log into the web management page of Deco?
- How to extend guest network when there is a switch between Decos
- LED feature of Deco
- Why the actual wireless speed on my wireless device is lower than the speed result on the Deco APP?
- What should I do if firmware upgrade of my Deco failed?
- Deco app Dashboard explanation
- How many devices can be connected to a Deco network?
- How to change the device name of Deco?
- How to change Notification settings of Deco?
- General questions about Parental Control feature of Deco?
- How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?
- How to improve the Wi-Fi range of Deco?
- How to Configure PPTP/L2TP VPN Connection on the Deco?
- How to change Time settings on the Deco?
- How to set up an IPv6 internet connection on my Deco?
- How to set up Port Forwarding feature on the Deco?
- How to add a new Deco network through Deco app?
- How to block a device or remove a device from the Blacklist?
- How to configure Address Reservation with Deco?
- What do the different LED colors meaning of Deco?
- What should I do if I cannot open a website through Deco network?
- How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?
- How to change LAN IP address of Deco?
- What’s the difference between an owner account and a manager account?
- What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
- How to find your TP-Link Router’s IP address?
- Which wireless devices can I use to set up and manage my Deco network?
- How do I get pass the step of connecting to the internet during Deco setup?
- How does QoS influence the real-time data flow of the Deco?
- Why Deco's WiFi is showing Internet May Not Be Available on my mobile device when standing next to the Deco unit?
- How do I filter online content for my children?
- Can I set limits on the time my children spend online?
- What are Deco’s Parental Controls?
- Can I enable both online activity and device QoS at the same time? Which one has a higher priority?
- What does Deco’s Quality of Service (QoS) do?
- Can my printer join a Deco network?
- How can I update the Deco firmware and why should I update it?
- What is a guest network?
- What should I do if I cannot remotely manage my Deco network?
- Can I manage my Deco network remotely?
- What should I do if synchronization fails when adding a Deco?
- Can multiple accounts manage a Deco network at the same time?
- Why am I unable to sign up?
- How do I set up my Deco?
- Will Deco be sold in my region?
- What features does Deco support?
- Can I use Deco along with my current ISP?
- Can Deco replace my modem or router?
- How many Deco units do I need? Are they all the same?
- Do I need internet access when setting up Deco for the first time?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
¿Cómo encontrar la versión del hardware en un dispositivo TP-Link?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Fecha de Publicación : 2019-12-09||Idioma: Multi-language||Tamaño del Archivo : 11.75 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
|Fecha de Publicación : 2019-08-26||Idioma: Multi-language||Tamaño del Archivo : 11.11 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
Usar Firmware de Terceros en los Productos de TP-Link
Algunos firmware oficiales de los productos de TP-Link pueden ser sustituidos por el firmware de terceros como DD-WRT. TP-Link no está obligado a proporcionar el mantenimiento o soporte alguno para los mismos, y no garantiza el desempeño y la estabilidad del firmware de terceros. Los daños al producto como resultado del uso de firmware de terceros, anulará la garantía del producto.
Abrir el Código Fuente Para Programadores (GPL)
La siguiente información es para los programadores y no es necesaria para la mayoría de los usuarios particulares de TP-Link.
Los productos de TP-Link contienen en parte del código del software desarrollado por terceros, incluyendo el código del software sujeto a “GLP” (General Public Licence - Licencia Pública General) de GNU, Versión 1/Versión 2/Versión 3 o "LGPL" (Lesser General Public License – Licencia Pública General Reducida) de GNU. Puede usar la condición del software respectiva siguiendo los términos de la licencia de GPL.
Puede revisar, imprimir y descargar los términos respectivos de la licencia de GPL aquí. Usted recibe los códigos fuente de GPL del respectivo software utilizado en los productos de TP-Link para la descarga directa e información adicional, incluyendo una lista del software de TP-Link que contiene el código del software de GPL por el Centro de Códigos de GPL.
Los programas respectivos son distribuidos SIN NINGUNA GARANTÍA, incluso sin la garantía implícita de COMERCIABILIDAD o IDONEIDAD PARA UN PROPÓSITO PARTICULAR. Vea la Licencia Pública General respectiva de GNU para obtener más detalles.