How to share local resources over the internet using Virtual Sever on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)
Virtual server can be used for setting up public services in your local network, such as HTTP, FTP, DNS, POP3/SMTP and Telnet. Different service uses different service port. Port 80 is used in HTTP service, port 21 in FTP service, port 25 in SMTP service and port 110 in POP3 service. Please verify the service port number before the configuration.
I want to: Share my personal website I’ve built in a local network with my friends through the internet.
For example, the personal website has been built on my home PC (192.168.1.100). I hope that my friends can visit my website. The PC is connected to the modem router with the WAN IP address 126.96.36.199.
How can I do that?
Here takes Archer VR2800 as demonstration.
1. Assign a static IP address to your PC, for example 192.168.1.100. Or reserve an IP address for your PC, for detailed instruction, please refer to How to reserve LAN IP Addresses on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
2. Log in the web interface of the modem router. You can refer to How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?
3. Go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers, click Add.
4. Click Scan, and choose HTTP. The external port, internal port and protocol will be automatically filled with contents. Enter the PC’s IP address 192.168.1.100 in the Internal IP field.
5. Click OK to save the settings.
1. It is recommended to keep the default settings of Internal Port and Protocol if you are not clear about which port and protocol to use.
2. If the service you want to use is not in the Service Type, you can enter the corresponding parameters manually. You should verify the port number that the service needs.
3. You can add multiple virtual server rules if you want to provide several services from a modem router. Please note that the External Port cannot be overlapped.
Internet users can enter http://WAN IP (in this example: http://188.8.131.52) to visit your personal website.
1. For a WAN IP that is assigned dynamically by ISP, it is recommended to apply and register a domain name for the WAN by DDNS, go to How to set up a Dynamic DNS service account on AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)? for more information. Then you can use http://domain name to visit the website.
2. If you have changed the default External Port, you should use http://WAN IP: External Port or http://domain name: External Port to visit the website.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
¿Es útil esta faq?
Sus comentarios nos ayudan a mejorar este sitio.
De United States?
Obtener productos, eventos y servicios para su región.