What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?
If you have already tried to configure the range extender but it failed, please check the following troubleshooting.
Some tips before the troubleshooting:
- If there is no RE light on some range extenders. It may have a Signal light or 2.4G/5G light. Please refer to the installation guide to check whether the extender is connected to the main network.
- End-device means computer, laptop, front-device(s) means your modem or main router, etc. which the TP-Link router is connected to.
- DFS Function: For Dual-Band Range Extender if there’s only 2.4G LED light on, then 5G light off, please help fix the main router’s 5G to band1 (channel 36-48), then the RE should be able to connect to the Router in 5G.
- Router Advanced Features: Check those main router functions that may have a bad influence for RE to connect and work stably:
Case One: RE light is off after the configuration
1. Verify the Wi-Fi password of the main router. Log in to the management page of your router if possible, double-check the Wi-Fi password.
2. Put the range extender 2-3 meters away from the router. Factory reset it by pushing the reset button for a few seconds. And configure the range extender from scratch.
3. If RE light is finally on but still no internet access, please go through refer to Case Two or Three. If the RE light is still off, turn off and on the range extender and wait two to 2 minutes then check if the RE light will be lit.
4. Upgrade the range extender to the latest firmware and reconfigure it. Click here.
5. Make sure the main router doesn’t enable any security settings, like MAC Filtering or Access control. And Authentication Type and Encryption type is Auto on the router.
6. Log into the range extender by using www.tplinkrepeater.net or IP address assigned by the router (find the IP address from the router’s interface). Take picture of the Status page and save the system log (Save the log within 3-5 minutes after the range extender reboot).
Case Two: RE light is on, the end device can not connect to the Wi-Fi of the range extender.
1. Check the wireless signal strength of the end devices. If only one end device cannot join the Wi-Fi of the range extender, remove the profile of the wireless network and connect it once again. And connect it to your router directly to see if it can connect.
2. If multiple devices cannot connect to the extender SSID, please contact TP-Link support and tell us the error message if any.
3. In this case, we may also follow the below link to see if we can configure it well:
Case Three: RE light is on, the end-device can connect to the Wi-Fi of the range extender but no network access.
1. Do not set the same SSID for the range extender and router. Otherwise, please reset the range extender and create a separate SSID.
2. Upgrade the range extender to the latest firmware and reconfigure it. Click here.
3. Try multiple end devices. If only one end-device doesn’t have internet access, check whether the end-device is obtaining IP Address automatically. What if it connects to the main router directly?
4. Connect the same end device to the main router directly to check its internet connectivity. Check its IP address and Default Gateway when connected to the router and range extender. (click here)
5. Make sure the main router doesn’t enable any security settings, like MAC Filtering or Access control.
6. Log into the range extender by using www.tplinkrepeater.net or IP address assigned by the router (find the IP address from the router’s interface). Take picture of the Status page and save the system log (Log taken within 3-5 minutes after the range extender reboot).
7. In this case, we may also follow the below link to see if we can configure it well:
If the error message "No Host Network Connection" pops up after "the apply settings", it's probably because the router's 5G is using the DFS channel, please try to disable Band Steering on the router and change the 5G channel to Band 1(36, 40, 44, 48).
Please contact TP-Link support if the steps above do not solve the problem. Let us know the model number of your Router and which band you expand, 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
Полезен ли беше този ЧЗВ?
Вашите отзиви помагат за подобряване на този сайт.