How to configure the HomeShield QoS feature on a TP-Link Router/Deco
You can use the QoS (Quality of Service) feature to prioritize the connection of a particular device for a set duration, such as a family member's laptop for one hour during a video call.
Before you start:
- You should have a TP-Link HomeShield router and have an iOS device running iOS 9 or later, or an Android device running Android 4.2 or later.
- You have downloaded and installed the TP-Link Tether app/TP-Link Deco app on your device.
Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
Note: In this article, we will take the Tether app as an example to illustrate the configuration.
- Select the desired TP-Link HomeShield router and log in. Tap the HomeShield menu at the bottom. If you haven’t bound this router to your TP-Link ID, bind it to use the HomeShield service.
- Tap the QoS card (Prioritize Your Devices) to enter the configuration page, and enable QoS.
- Set the Total Bandwidth. Manually enter the bandwidth that your ISP provided. Select the devices you want to prioritize, then tap Done. Choose the duration you want the devices to remain high priority. By default it is Always.
- Select the devices you want to prioritize, then tap Done.
- Choose the duration you want the devices to remain a high priority. By default, it is Always.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Please contact our Live Chat service for immediate support, or ask questions on our Community / email support. Our hotline service will have longer than normal holds times or be unavailable at times because of the recent world events.