Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Aginet App
Aginet App 2.3 version will be equipped with Two-Step Verification(2FA) function, this article will help you to know what is the Two-Step Verification and answer some questions you may meet when using Two-Step Verification.
If you want to know what is Two-Step Verification(2FA) and how to config it on Aginet APP, go to What is Two-Step Verification.
If you meet some questions when you using Two-Step Verification(2FA) on Aginet App, go to Troubleshooting.
What is Two-Step Verification?
Two-Step Verification (also called two-factor authentication or ‘2FA’) is a security feature on the Aginet APP that helps add an extra layer of security to your account. With Two-Step verification enabled, a new device that signs into the app with your TP-Link account information will be asked to enter a time-sensitive verification code to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access.
What version of Aginet App has this feature?
Only the version of Aginet higher than 2.3 supports the Two-Step Verification.
How to Set up Two-Step Verification in Aginet App?
The Two-Step Verification is on by default in Aginet App. You can find this feature in the Aginet App. Tap the button in the upper right, and tap the Account Icon in the top > Login Security> Two-Step Verification.
How does Two-Step Verification work for the Aginet APP?
When enabling two-step verification, new devices attempting to log in will have to verify using one of the methods specified below:
a. APP Verification (Default Method): Verify by App Notification. A Verification Code will be sent via Aginet app to Trusted Device(s). Enter the code on the new device to verify the new device.
b. Email Verification (Alternative method): Verify by Email. A Verification Code will be sent to your Email Registered to your TP-Link Account. Sign in to your email to view the code. Enter this code on the new device to verify the new device.
Will Aginet APP ask a Trusted Device to go through Verification before logging in again?
No, a Trusted Device could skip the 2FA step when signing in to your account without entering a verification code.
How to remove a device from Trusted Devices? How to manage the Trusted Device?
Tap the Account Icon at the top > Login Security > Trusted Devices> then tap the ‘X’ on the side of the device you would like to remove.
Note: Once a device is removed from the Trusted Devices list, that device will be force logged out, and need a verification code the next time logs into the APP.
Why my device shows a different location in the Login Activity?
Device location there is based on the IP address from Internet Service Provider and that may not align with the device's real location, we do not use the GPS location of the device to determine location. If using a cellular connection, the app may indicate that a new device has logged in from far away.
1. What should I do if I didn’t get the 2-Step verification code in my email inbox?
1) First, check your Spam or Junk folder.
2) Next, ensure that you are using the correct email account.
3) Add TP-Link email address ' firstname.lastname@example.org ' into Whitelisted email senders or Safe Senders as What should I do if I don’t receive the email when I register cloud account or reset my password？ | TP-Link
4) Contact our Support using the Same Email Account that you are trying to enable two-factor authentication for and please provide the following information:
a. TP-Link ID/ Email account
b. Aginet APP version
c. Photos of Two-step Verification Setup – Under My Account > Login Security
d. The model of your Mobile Device & Android or IOS version.
2. What should I do if I did not receive a mobile notification with the code?
- Enable Notification permission for Aginet APP on the phone. The device should be able to get notifications from Aginet App properly.
- Tap ‘Resend’ to resend the verification code.
- Ensure sure your phone is connected to the internet.
- Ensure that your Aginet APP is up to date.
- Tap ‘Did not receive a code?’ on the bottom > Receive Code via Email> tap Send Code
3. What if I receive a Verification code but my new device didn’t try to sign in?
If you receive a verification code but you do not recognize the device that sent the request, there is a chance that your account password has been compromised – but do not worry, the unrecognized user will be unable to log in without the code provided by either your email or notification to another trusted device.
We recommend immediately changing your account password and changing any other services that may use the same password. You can mitigate the chances of this happening to you by following these principles:
- Create a Strong Password with a Mix of Numbers, Letters, Capitals, and Symbols
- Do not Reuse the same password across multiple platforms
- Use a password generator and manager
4. Why can't I log in to my TP-Link ID to devices with the Aginet App whose version is lower than 2.3 after enabling the Two-Step Verification?
Only the version of Aginet higher than 2.3 supports the Two-Step Verification, if you enable the Two-Step Verification, then you can’t log in your TP-Link ID to other devices whose Aginet version is lower than 2.3 If you want to log in to your TP-Link ID to the devices with the low-version Aginet App, please update your Aginet App to the latest version.
Чи була ця стаття корисною?
Ваш відгук допомагає вдосконалити цей сайт.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.