How to use Pi-Hole DNS Server on TP-Link routers
If you want to use the Pi-Hole DNS on the TP-Link router to block ads on your devices, please refer to the instructions below.
Situation 1: Set up Pi-Hole DNS on the wireless router.
Here we take Archer A7 as an example.
- Log in to the web UI of the Archer A7.
- Click on Advanced > Network > DHCP server > Enter the Pi-Hole DNS in the Primary DNS blank > Click on Save to save the changes> Click on Reboot so that your devices will reconnect to the TP-Link router's network and start to use the Pi-Hole DNS.
Situation 2: Set up Pi-Hole DNS on Deco.
1. Have the latest Deco app installed on your mobile phone.
2. Make sure the mobile phone is connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network.
3. Close the Deco App if it is already running in the background.
4. Re-launch the Deco App.
NOTE: Only when your mobile phone is connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network and your account is the owner's account, you can change its DNS settings through the Deco app. Force the Deco app to close in the background and re-launch it aims to clear the app cache.
Here we take Deco M5 as an example.
- Log in to the Deco app with your TP-Link account, and then go to More > Advanced > DHCP server page.
- Enter the Pi-Hole DNS in the Primary DNS blank, and click on Save. Then reboot the main Deco and the Pi-Hole DNS will take effect on the Deco network.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.