How to configure Parental Controls on the Wi-Fi Routers (case 1)?
This function allows you to set up unique restrictions on internet access for each member of your family. You can block inappropriate content, set daily limits for the total time spent online and restrict internet access to certain times of the day.
If your router has a different parental controls interface, please refer to
For example, I want to allow my children’s devices (e.g. a computer or a tablet) to access only www.tp-link.com and Wikipedia.org from 18:00 (6PM) to 22:00 (10PM) at the weekend and not other times.
1. Log in to the web-based interface of the router. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to
2. Go to Advanced > Parental Controls and enable Parental Controls.
3. Click Add. And then Click View Existing Devices, and select the access device. Or, input the Device Name and MAC Address manually.
4. Click the icon to set the Internet Access Time. Drag the cursor over the appropriate cell(s) and click OK.
5. Enter a Description for the entry, tick the Enable This Entry checkbox, and then click OK.
6. Select Whitelist as the restriction policy.
• With Blacklist selected, the controlled devices cannot access any websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
• With Whitelist selected, the controlled devices can only access websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
7. Click . Enter a website and click Save.
You can add up to 32 keywords for either Blacklist or Whitelist. Below are some sample entries to allow access.
• For Whitelist: Enter a web address (e.g. wikipedia.org) to allow access only to its related websites. If you wish to block all Internet browsing access, do not add any keyword to the Whitelist.
• For Blacklist: Specify a web address (e.g. wikipedia.org), a web address keyword (e.g. wikipedia) or a domain suffix (eg. .edu or .org) to block access only to the websites containing that keyword or suffix.
Done! Now you can control your children’s Internet access as needed.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Your feedback helps improve this site.