What if I fail to set up the Deco DSL connection?
This Article Applies to:
Kindly note this FAQ is only applicable to Deco DSL models when configured in DSL modem router mode.
Case 1: Check if the DSL cable is connected properly
- Check if the DSL cable (telephone cable) is properly plugged into the Deco DSL port instead of the Ethernet port or phone port (only X73-DSL supports the phone port). If not, the DSL port light (small round LED) next to the Deco DSL port won’t light up.
- Wait for one to two minutes to see if the DSL port light switches from flashing white to solid white.
Case 2: DSL port light becomes solid white in one or two minutes
That means the DSL line has synchronized successfully. Next, please check whether your network parameters are set correctly.
- Check if you select the correct DSL type on the APP (VDSL or ADSL).
- Check if you select the correct Internet connection type (usually PPPoE or Dynamic IP) on the APP. If it is PPPoE, please confirm whether you have entered the correct PPPoE username and password.
- Please check if your ISP requires you to enter VLAN ID or VPI/VCI.
- If you are not sure about the above parameters, please contact your ISP for confirmation first.
- Power off the Deco DSL unit for 30 minutes. And then turn it on and reconfigure it again.
- If you have an old modem router, please test whether the old modem router can access the Internet normally. Or try to confirm with your ISP whether their service is normal.
Case 3: DSL port light keeps flashing white or being off
- Reset the Deco DSL model (press the reset button for 1 second) and re-plug the DSL cable, then try again.
- If there is a splitter, please remove the splitter. Connect the DSL cable to the DSL port on the wall directly, and see if the DSL port light becomes solid white after a while.
- Change another DSL cable (phone cable).
- If you have another old modem router, please test if the old modem router can synchronize DSL successfully. Or contact your ISP to check if your DSL line is normal.
If the problem still exists after the above troubleshooting, please contact TP-Link Support (Please sort out the troubleshooting you have done if possible so that we can troubleshoot for you more quickly).
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.