What should I do if I cannot open a website through Deco network?
For this issue, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot.
If your device can go to the specific website when connecting to the modem directly but can’t go to the same website when connecting to the Deco network:
- Disconnect the main deco to the modem, and then connect a PC to the same port on the modem via the same Ethernet cable.
- Verify the PC can go to the specific website successfully.
- Refer to the link to find the MAC address (Physical Address) of the PC’s wired network adapter.
- Refer to the link to clone the PC’s MAC address on the Deco for a try.
For the Deco devices that support homecare , you may also try the following troubleshooting:
Step 1. Check if this website is blocked by the Antivirus feature on the Deco.
Launch the Deco app, select Antivirus, and then tap the icon in the upper right corner to check the Antivirus History.
If this website is blocked by Antivirus, that means this website is listed as a malicious site in Trend Micro’s database.
On the Deco M5, you can click on Malicious Content Filter and then add the blocked website to the Whitelist.
Note: Some Deco models with the HomeCare feature may not support the Whitelist feature, but do not worry since they will add this feature via firmware updates in the future.
For the Deco models that do not support the whitelist feature now, you may disable the Antivirus feature, or go to the website https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com to test the category of the blocked website, then apply classify the blocked website to be a different category which won't be blocked by the Antivirus feature.
Step 2. Check if this website is blocked by the Parental Control feature on the Deco.
- Confirm if you have set a Parental Control profile for the device that can’t open a specific website. If so, remove the device from the parental control profile to verify the problem.
- If this website is blocked by the Parental Control feature but you have not blocked this website specifically, that means this website may belong to the Categories you blocked on the Parental Control page.
- To solve the problem, go to the website https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com to test the category of the blocked website, then remove this category on the Parental Control>Filter Level page.
To get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Please contact our Live Chat service for immediate support, or ask questions on our Community / email support. Our hotline service will have longer than normal holds times or be unavailable at times because of the recent world events.