How to configure Bandwidth Control on High Power Wireless N Router_TL-WR841HP V5 (router mode--new logo)
For the new UI, please refer to the FAQ: How to use bandwidth control or Speed Limit on TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?
Here takes TL-WR841HP for demonstration.
1. This feature take effects when the router is in Wireless Router mode. Follow the instructions below to configure the router.
2. Go to Bandwidth Control.
3. Configure the bandwidth as needed and click Save.
The values you configure for the Egress Bandwidth and Ingress Bandwidth should be less than 100,000Kbps. For optimal control of the bandwidth, please select the right Line Type and consult your ISP for the total egress and ingress bandwidth.
• Enable Bandwidth Control - Check this box so that the Bandwidth Control settings can take effect.
• Egress Bandwidth - The upload speed through the WAN port.
• Ingress Bandwidth - The download speed through the WAN port.
4. Click Add New.
5. Enter the information as the figure shown below.
IP Range-Single IP address or IP address Range. When you configure the single IP address, the computer with this IP address will get independent given bandwidth. When you configure the IP address range, all computers in the range will share the given bandwidth.
Port Range-The port range of TCP protocol or UDP protocol.
Protocol-You can choose the TCP protocol or UDP protocol or both of them.
Egress Bandwidth - The max and the min upload speed which through the WAN port.
Ingress Bandwidth - The max and the min download speed through the WAN port.
6. Click Save.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.