300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Range Extender mode boosts wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard-to-wire areas flawlessly*
- Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to deploy and move flexibly
- Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of Range Extender button*
- Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices
- Tether App allows easy access and management using any mobile device
- LED Control function includes a Night Mode for peaceful sleep
Easy Wi-Fi Extension
300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi
Boost Your Wireless Network*
Tired of Wi-Fi ’’dead zone’’? TP-LINK’s range extender connects to your router wirelessly, strengthening and expanding its signal into areas it can’t on its own. The device also reduces signal interference to ensure reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home or office.
Easy Setup and Flexible
Press the WPS button on your router and the Range Extender button on your 850RE within 2 minutes to easily connect to the network. Once connected with an existing router, you can simply unplug and plug the TL-WA850RE back in a location for the best signal quality and coverage in your house, without needing to configure the extender again.
The TL-WA850RE’s single Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices like Blu-ray® players, gaming consoles, DVRs and Internet TVs. At the same time, the device can share the wireless network as well.
- Smart Phone
- Smart TV
- Gaming Consoles
Smart Signal Indicator Light
5 signal lights show the strength of signal that TL-WA850RE receives from the existing router, which can help to find the right location to place the range extender.
It’s recommended that you choose a location where at least 3 signal light blue in order to guarantee a good performance.
Tether App for Easy Use
Use any mobile device to easily access and manage various features, including the LED Control function's Night Mode, which allows you to enjoy a more peaceful night's sleep.
You can download the Tether App for your IOS or Android phones.
|Plug Type||EU, UK, US|
|Interface||1 * 10/100M Ethernet Port (RJ45)|
|Button||RE (Range Extender) Button, Reset Button|
|Power Consumption||About 3W|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b|
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )||4.3x 2.6 x 3.0in. (110.0 x 65.8 x 75.2mm)|
|Antenna||2 * internal|
|Signal Rate||11n: Up to 300Mbps (dynamic)
11g: Up to 54Mbps (dynamic)
11b: Up to 11Mbps (dynamic)
|Reception Sensitivity||270M: -68dBm@10% PER
130M: -68dBm@10% PER
108M: -68dBm@10% PER
54M: -68dBm@10% PER
11M: -85dBm@8% PER
6M: -88dBm@10% PER
1M: -90dBm@8% PER
|Transmit Power||< 20 dBm (EIRP)|
|Wireless Modes||Range Extender|
|Wireless Functions||WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia)
Wireless MAC Address Filtering
Domain Login Function
|Wireless Security||64/128/152-bit WEP
WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
|Package Contents||300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender TL-WA850RE
RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
Quick Installation Guide
|System Requirements||Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac® OS, NetWare®, UNIX® or Linux.|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F~104°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C~70°C (-40°F~158°F)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
RecommendedTL-WA850RE is awarded “Producto Recomendado” by website Zero13Wireless in Spain.2013, Spain
2013 IT PRODUCTTL-WA850RE Wins “2013 IT PRODUCT” from ComputerWorld Magazine in the Czech Republic2013, Czech
Price TipTL-WA850RE received “Price Tip” award from CHIP in Germany.2013, Germany
Gold AwardTL-WA850RE received a Gold Award from Web User2013, UK
* Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.