My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
Before the troubleshooting, we need to check that if we have configured the extender successfully or not.
Check the work status according to the LED lights on the extender:
- The only power light on > configuration failed
Solution: Hard reset the extender and try to reconfigure via WPS/web UI/Tether
- The power light and 2.4G light on > only 2.4G of the extender connected to the router
Solution: Check the 5G channel of your router, make sure the channel not on the DFS channels
- All the lights are on > the extender has already connected to the router
Solution: Please refer to this link to configure the DHCP server on the extender.
Check the small icon on the status page of the extender (need to connect one of your devices to the extender)
- Check the status at the bottom of the global icon > abnormal, no internet
Solution: Make sure when your devices connect to the router directly have Internet access.
- Check the status between the router and the extender icon > abnormal or grey, the extender has not connected to the router
Solution: Check the client list of the router, make sure the extender in the list.
If not, please hard reset the extender and try to reconfigure via WPS/web UI/Tether
- Check the IP and gateway information of the extender and follow the instruction below to do the troubleshooting.
Solution: check the solution below.
How to check the IP, Gateway, and the other info of the extender?
Please connect one of your devices to the extender(wired or wireless), then open the management page of the extender(tplinkrepeater.net), go to settings > Network, then you will see the corresponding information.
Please configure the DHCP server on the extender if the IP of the extender is any following three cases.
- Check the IP of the extender, if the IP still is 192.168.0.254, then please hard reset the extender, then try to configure the extender with only 2.4G or 5G connecting to the router.
- Check the IP of the extender, if the extender got an IP from the router, but your devices like phones and tablets cannot get an IP when connected to the extender.
- Check the IP of the extender, if the extender got an IP from the router, but the gateway IP is not the IP of the router.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.