Cannot connect to Deco Wi-Fi
How to connect a device to my Deco?
Deco supports both wired and wireless connections.
For wireless devices, you only need to search Deco's Wi-Fi name on the client and connect with the Wi-Fi password.
Besides, each Deco provides two Ethernet ports on the back for wired devices such as PC, printers, TVs, etc. You can also connect a switch to the Ethernet port to expand the wired connections.
Note: Deco M3W does not have an Ethernet port.
What can I do if my wireless devices cannot connect to Deco?
If you fail to connect your device to the Deco, the below article will provide you with some suggestions.
On the Deco:
1. Confirm you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network and enter the correct password.
If you’re not sure, please launch the Deco app, go to the Network/More->Wi-Fi Settings page to check your wireless password and Wi-Fi name.
2. Refer to the link to check whether the device is on the blacklist. If yes, remove it from the blacklist.
3. Turn off the Fast Roaming feature.
Some devices may not be compatible with Fast Roaming thus fail to connect to the Wi-Fi network. In this case, it’s suggested to launch the Deco app and tap More -> Advanced. Find and turn off the Fast Roaming feature.
4. Turn off the 5G Wi-Fi network temporarily.
Some smart devices only support 2.4G Wi-Fi and need to be configured with a phone, and they require the phone to be on the same Wi-Fi band during configuration. In this case, turn off the 5G Wi-Fi network temporarily when setting up the smart device will solve the Wi-Fi connection issue.
You can launch the Deco app, tap Network/More->Wi-Fi Settings page, and then turn off the 5G Wi-Fi network.
5. Connect your device to the guest network for a try.
6. Change the wireless security type on the Deco app. On the Deco app, you can tap Network/More>Wi-Fi Settings>tap Security to change the wireless security type.
7. Ensure there are no special characters in the SSID and wireless password, such as apostrophe.
Related Article: Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password
On the device:
1. Ensure the device doesn’t have a static IP address.
2. Make sure the device receives a very good signal from Deco.
3. Power cycle your wireless device and Deco.
4. Update the driver of the wireless adapter on this device.
5. If the issue still exists, it’s suggested to contact the device’s tech support to get help.
If you need more help, it’s suggested to contact TP-Link support.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.