Fail to setup main Deco
You may encounter one of the following problems, or error code appears during basic configuration of main Deco, when you have the problems, please refer to the below suggestions to do some troubleshooting.
Note: If you try all the troubleshooting but the deco is still not working, you may try to change another Ethernet cable from the Main Deco to your modem router.
LED on the main Deco is abnormal
1. LED is not pulsing blue
Find the RESET button at the bottom of the Deco, press it for one second, and then release, the LED on the main Deco will turn yellow, then wait for 2 minutes till the LED turn pulsing blue.
2. LED is off
Change the power adapter and power socket to have a try. It could be an issue with the Deco unit, the power adapter, or the power socket.
If the above suggestions can’t solve your problem, it’s suggested to contact TP-Link support.
Get stuck on finding the default Wi-Fi name of Deco or can’t connect to the default Wi-Fi name
Note: this step only available on Deco P9, M4, E4 and Deco W2400
1. Reset the Deco by press the bottom reset button for 1 second.
2. Reboot your phone, turn off the Wi-Fi/WLAN on the phone and turn it back on; try a different phone.
3. Check if the phone has a VPN program running. If yes, please disable the VPN program for a try.
4. Set a different Deco work as the main Deco.
Get stuck on “Looking for deco”Error code: We couldn’t find deco
For Deco M5, P7 and M9 Plus
1. Disable Bluetooth and then enable it again on the mobile phone. If there is a Bluetooth device connected to the phone, please disconnect it temporarily.
2. Force the app to close (do not let deco app run in the background), and then launch the app to configure the main Deco again.
3. Use another Deco unit as the main Deco; use a different phone to configure Deco if you have one.
Note: For iOS 13 or higher version devices, please go to Settings on the iOS device, find the Deco app and enable the Bluetooth permission for the Deco app.
For Deco P9, M4, E4, and Deco W2400
1. Move the phone closer to the main Deco. Make sure the phone has connected to the Deco Wi-Fi and has a valid IP address.
2. Force to close the Deco app (do not let deco app run in the background), and then launch the app to configure the main Deco again.
3. Use another Deco unit as the main Deco, use a different phone to configure Deco if you have one.
Get stuck on “Detecting Internet Connection Type”Error Code: It Looks like Deco is not properly connected.
1. Confirm the wired connection between the main Deco and the modem is fine.
2. Use a different Ethernet cable to connect modem and main Deco, change the LAN ports on the modem for a try.
3. Change the port on the Deco for a try, or connect a different Deco to the modem, then set up the Deco network again.
Get stuck on “Creating Wi-Fi network”Error Code: Failed to create Wi-Fi network
Check the LED status on the main Deco, if the LED is solid green or solid white, it means the Deco has been setup successfully.
You can force the Deco app to close, go to the Settings -> Wi-Fi page of the phone to connect the new Wi-Fi network, and then you can enjoy the Deco’s network.
Get stuck on “Connect to your Wi-Fi network”Error Code: Failed to connect to XXXX (new Wi-Fi name)
Check whether the phone has a VPN program running or not. If yes, please disable the VPN program, and then tap “Try Again” in Deco app.
Get stuck on “Test Internet Connection”Error Code: Unable to connect to the Internet
1. Tap “Skip This Step” on the bottom of the error page, on the Deco app, click on More->Advanced->IPv4, check the WAN IP address of the Deco and change the DNS server to 22.214.171.124 for a try. Here is the instruction.
2. Connect a computer to the modem directly, check whether the computer has internet access, if there is no internet access on the computer, it’s suggested to contact ISP.
If the computer has internet access, use the same Ethernet cable and the same port on the modem connect to the main Deco, then check whether the Deco will work or not.
3. If you have an old router, connect your network devices as modem-old router-main Deco, then setup the main Deco. After the main Deco is configured successfully, connect the main Deco to the modem directly and enjoy the internet with Deco.
If above suggestions can’t solve your problem, it’s suggested to contact TP-Link support.
Ваш отзыв поможет нам улучшить работу веб-сайта.