How to secure Wi-Fi with a password on TD-W8151N, TD-W8901N,TD-W8951ND,TD-W8961N,TD-W8961ND,TD-W8101G,TD-W8901G?
O artigo aplica-se a:
Step 1: Log in to your DSL router.
· Open your web browser and type the default access of the router in the address bar (http://192.168.1.1), then press Enter.
· Enter the router´s username and password in the security window (the default username and password are both admin)
· Once you log in to your wireless modem router, click Interface Setup.
· On the Interface Setup page, click Wireless.
· Select "WPA2-PSK" (it’s recommended) in the Authentication Type menu. WPA2-PSK is also known as WPA2-Personal.
· Select "AES" as the Encryption Type
· Enter a pre-shared key (wireless password) of your choice in the Pre-Shared Key field. Here we have used " tplinktest" , but you can use any pre-shared key you would like to configure.
* The pre-shared key can be made up of letters (upper- and lowercase), numbers and some symbols (i.e. underscores (_), hyphens (-), etc).
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page. The settings will then be saved, and WPA2-PSK wireless security will be enabled on your router.
Please note: If you find that you´re unable to connect to your wireless network after changing your router´s wireless settings, please refer to the related articles below:
PS: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK is the most secured, thus recommended security option;. While some devices may not work well with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, then one can also secure WiFi with WEP
Note: please pay attention to the WEP key format.
WEP 64-bits :
For each key, please enter either (1) 5 characters excluding symbols, or (2) 10 characters ranging from 0~9, a, b, c, d, e, f.
WEP 128-bits :
For each key, please enter either (1) 13 characters excluding symbols, or (2) 26 characters ranging from 0~9, a, b, c, d, e, f.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Este guia foi útil?
A sua resposta ajuda-nos a melhorar o nosso site.