Switches for Surveillance
Switches for Business WiFi
Wireless Networking for Elevators
End of Life
Omada Cloud Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices, including access points, switches and gateways, providing 100% centralized cloud management. Omada creates a highly scalable network—all controlled from a single interface. Seamless wireless and wired connections are provided, ideal for use in hospitality, education, retail, offices, and more.
Omada WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
Need to deploy stable Wi-Fi in high-density environment? Try Omada Wi-Fi 6 technology!
Omada Wi-Fi 6 access points greatly improve experiences in high-density environments, and provides faster speed and greater range for more devices.
WPA3, the Newest Security Protocol
Want to enhance the network security in public WiFi and home WiFi? Try TP-Link WPA3 technology!
To maximum the safety of enterprise and your home WiFi, TP-Link is inserting WPA3, the latest encryption technology, into Omada access points, WiFi routers, range extenders, and more devices.
Pharos Long-Range Wireless
Need to transmit network to long range or remote areas? Try Pharos wireless solution!
Pharos is TP-Link's next-generation outdoor product series, providing long-range outdoor wireless networking solutions for applications such as WISP, Enterprise Bridge (P2P), and Wireless Surveillance (PtMP).
Worried about buffering when using outdoor wireless broadband? Try TP-Link MAXtream technology!
MAXtream, the breakthrough TDMA technology, makes outdoor AP smoother and produces more efficient communications.
Facing the annoying latency when multiple devices connected? Try TP-Link MU-MIMO technology!
MU-MIMO solves this problem by creating multiple simultaneous connections to serve several users with multiple data streams at the same time.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Need to deploy your surveillance cameras in your farm? Try TP-Link PoE technology to transmit power and data through one single Ethernet cable.
LiteWave Unmanaged Switches
Need to work at home or expand your wired connections? Try TP-Link LiteWave Switches!
The TP-Link LiteWave Unmanaged Switches provide the simplest and most affordable way to expand your wired network. Just plug and play!
JetStream 10G Smart Switches
Provide high levels of performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness that SMBs require from their 10G networking solutions.
Learn MoreBecome a Partner
Training & Certification
Learn MoreStart Training
Find the Stories
Replacement & Warranty
GPL Code Center
User Application RequirementConfiguration GuideTroubleshootingQ&A of functional explanation or specification parameters
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
EAP225-Outdoor(US)_V1_1.6.0 Build 20190722
Please upgrade firmware/software from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it may cause upgrade failure or mistakes and be against the warranty.
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.2.x or above
1. Change the OpenSSL version to 1.0.2q.
2. Optimize UI, including character optimization and display error correction.
3. Update the time zone of Caracas from GMT-4:30 to GMT-4:00.
1. Fixed the bug that client devices can pass the portal authentication after disconnected from the Controller.
2. Fixed the bug that untag packets can be transferred to SSIDs with different VLANs.
3. Fixed the bug that mesh AP may disconnect from the Controller after long-time running.
4. Fixed the bug that fast roaming may not take effect in some mesh network.
5. Fixed the bug that some EAPs may disconnect from the Omada Controller in large scale network.
6. Fixed the bug that the management page may not be accessed after EAP is disconnected from the Controller.
7. Fixed the bug that when APs are disconnected from Controller, the rate limit configuration will be not issued to these APs after they are back to connected again.
8. Fixed the bug that when the time of EAP is synchronized with PC, it will be the same as PC’s time not considering different time zones.
9. Fixed the bug that packets with VLAN tag can be forwarded to the SSID without wireless VLAN setting.
1. For EAP225-Outdoor v1 only.
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
3. This version of firmware is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.X or above.
EAP225-Outdoor(US)_V1_1.5.0 Build 20190404
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.1.x or above
1. Add Radius Accounting to External Radius Server in standalone mode.
2. Add SSID Radius accounting to WPA-Enterprise security mode.
3. Add SSL encryption in Auto Mail of Log Settings.
4. Support the feature of merging 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID with Controller 3.1.4.
5. Support SSID MAC Authentication to none security mode with Controller 3.1.4.
6. Support channel utilization function with Controller 3.1.4.
7. Support Layer-3 Accessibility in SSH with Controller 3.1.4.
8. Change the rule of the LED when resetting/rebooting EAP.
9. Support UTF8 in SSID character.
10. Optimize Band Steering feature.
1. Fixed the bug that the client rate limit doesn't take effect under batch configuration.
2. Fixed the bug that clients cannot access tplinkeap.net in a mixed network of IPv4 and IPv6.
3. Fixed the bug that clients maybe disconnected when enabling Airtime Fairness in 2.4G frequency.
4. Fixed the bug that some SSIDs cannot broadcast when restoring the configuration on the Controller.
1. For EAP225-outdoor v1 only.
EAP225-Outdoor(US)_V1_1.4.1 Build 20181107
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v3.0.x or above
1. Fixed the bug that when we change the IP in standalone mode, the portal authentication page may not pop up successfully.
2. Fixed the bug that the wireless clients may not be redirected to portal authentication page by surfing HTTPS website if we enable Management VLAN function.
3. Fixed the bug that we may fail to change the configuration of portal function in standalone mode, if we uncheck Term of Use function in portal configuration page.
1. For EAP225-Outdoor (US)_v1 only.
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
The EAP Controller is used to manage multiple EAPs intensively.
If you are planning to upgrade from the old controller(v3.2.14 or below) to this version, please read the: Omada Controller Upgrade Guide
Some new functions of the Controller require device firmware support, and the supporting firmware for routers and switches will be released soon.
If you are planning to upgrade from the old controller(v3.2.10 or below) to this version, please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading the controller.
If you are planning to upgrade from the old controller to this version, please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading the controller.
Supported device models and firmware:
EAP110_V4 3.20.0 Build 20200525 Rel. 36899 and above
EAP115_V4 3.20.0 Build 20200525 Rel.36931 and above
EAP225_V3 2.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70513 and above
EAP245_V3 2.20.0 Build 20200423 Rel. 36779 and above
EAP115-Wall_V1 1.20.0 Build 20200509 Rel. 63986 and above
EAP225-Wall_V2 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70504 and above
EAP110-Outdoor_V3 3.20.0 Build 20200511 Rel. 33388 and above
EAP225-Outdoor_V1 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70543 and above
1. Omada SDN software controller provides a unified approach to configuring enterprise networks comprised of routers, switches, and wireless access points.
2. Brand new UI and style to provide high-efficiency, rapid and comprehensive network settings and maintenance function.
3. Add brand new Dashboard interface to monitor network operation in real time.
4. Add Statistics interface to monitor devices and show the statistics of network operation data.
5. Add Topology interface to generate the network topology automatically.
6. Add Insight interface to view the detailed network history data.
7. Add Logs interface that supports 100+ types of logs and custom warning level of logs.
8. Support to configure for gateway, including Internet, LAN Network, ACL, URL Filtering, VPN, Routing, NAT, Session Limit, Bandwidth Control, Portal and so on.
9. Support to configure for switch, including 802.1Q VLAN, ACL, 802.1x, IGMP Snooping, STP and so on.
10. Add Reboot Schedule and PoE Schedule and support to set different schedules for each device.
1. Omada SDN Controller can configure and manage only the certain devices with supported firmware. You need to make sure your device is compatible with Omada SDN Controller.
2. If you are using Omada Controller and plan to upgrade to this version, please follow the procedure of Omada Controller Upgrade Guide.
3. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
4. This version of controller is applied to Omada APP of version 3.0.X or above.
1. Added the feature that the system logs can be exported.
2. Changed the priority that non-administrator role cannot change the history data retention settings.
3. Optimized the UI of Statistics in Omada Controller.
1. Fixed the bug that the External Web Portal cannot authenticate successfully if the SSID of this portal has special characters.
2. Fixed the bug that the Cloud Access cannot be displayed normally in the low version of Firefox.
3. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller allow any user to read the files of controller.
4. Fixed the bug that controller will report an error when Top Usage data is empty.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.X new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
1. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller allow any user to read the files of controller.
2. Fixed the bug that controller will report an error when Top Usage data is empty.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.X, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. The Omada Controller program needs to use the system's netstat command. If the Linux system does not have net-tools installed (which contain the netstat command), the program may not be able to run normally.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04/Debian 9.8
4. Built-in JRE 1.8 Java environment.
5. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
6. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.8.
1. To use new features on Omada Controller 3.2.x, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
3. Support 64-bit Linux operating system including Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/17.04/18.04, CentOS 6.x/7.x and Fedora 20 or above, Debian 9.8.
7. When upgrading from Controller 2.5.3 Linux to this version via install.sh, you need to uninstall old version of Controller first.
1. Expand the number of Omada Controller’s User Account to 500.
2. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. Change the mechanism that when adopting an EAP, the Controller will retain the IP configuration of EAP in Standalone mode.
2. Change the mechanism that multiple Omada Controllers can run on the same subnet.
3. Add the button of “Start Omada Controller after installation” and check it by default.
4. Extend the Max Associated Clients in Load Balance to 255.
5. Optimize the UI of Channel Utilization.
6. Optimize the authentication page of portal.
7. Optimize the UI of the portal that you cannot click Apply when you are uploading a photo.
8. Optimize the External Portal Server to support URL with parameters.
1. Fixed the bug that the page of MAC filter may not display all groups when there are more than 5 groups.
2. Fixed the bug that after deleting a site, the Voucher code and Local user of this site still exist.
3. Fixed the bug that the site configuration will fail to restore when the imported site contains same Voucher code as the current Controller.
4. Fixed the bug that when mesh AP is powered off during upgrade, Controller may fail to upgrade other APs, with a prompt message “Other APs are upgrading”.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on voucher management page.
2. Change default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
3. Optimize the “Free Authentication Policy” to support URL with suffixes.
4. Change the default status of new added “Free Authentication Policy” to enable.
1. Fixed the bug that when clients disconnect from the Facebook portal, the connection time and traffic usage of these clients may be zero in the log.
2. Fixed the bug that AP may disconnect from Omada Controller when it is upgrading the firmware.
3. Fixed the bug that in some cases, the channel configuration of 2.4G frequency may show up in 5G by mistake.
4. Fixed the bug that the configuration of SSID will not be issued correctly when changing the WLAN Group on the provisioning status.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the management page of vouchers.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” to uncheck.
1. Add “Select Page” feature on the voucher management page.
2. Change the default status of “Terms of Service” on default portal page to uncheck.
1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.x new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT be able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgrading to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
4. You are recommended to create a backup before upgrading, or you will not be permitted to install this version of Omada Controller.
1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the processing time.
3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.
4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.
1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.
2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.
3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.
2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.
Omada Discovery Utility 4.1.4
1. Fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v4.1.4.
2. Support to discover the gateway and switch that support Omada SDN platform.
1. This version of software can be used in both Windows and Mac operation system.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS (**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC first.
4. Omada Controller and Discover Utility cannot run on the same computer at the same time.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.2.1
1. Fixed the bug that the Discovery Utility may fail to find EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that the Cancel button may overlap with the display box after managing APs.
Omada Discovery Utility_v3.1.13
1. Fixed the bug that when the Discovery Utility issues Controller_IP to EAPs which are in factory status, Controller cannot batch manage the EAPs.
2. Fixed the bug that sometimes the Discovery Utility cannot find all EAPs when running in MacOS.
2. Double click the software or run the command “java –jar **.jar” to run the software on MacOS(**.jar is the name of this software).
3. To run this software, you need to install JRE 8.0 on your PC.
Omada Discovery Utility_v2.0.0_Mac
1. Change name to "Omada Discovery Utility".
2. Update background picture during installation.
3. Limit the maximum length of controller hostname to 79.
Fix the bug that searching in the search box will cause the software to hang.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11.
EAP AdoptionFacebook portal authenticationManagementStandalone EAP Log in Edit SSIDEAP reset backup and restore firmware update system time user accountConfigurationConfiguration ExamplePortalQuick Start
I would like to be kept up to date with TP-Link news, product updates and promotions.
From United States?
Check products and services for your region.