Download for TD-8840T
- Product Overview
TD-8840T_V4_Easy Setup Assistant
|Published Date: 2012-08-09||Language: English||File Size: 9.32 MB|
Operating System: Win2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
- How Do I Log into the Web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link DSL Modem & Router?
- How do I change administrative password on TP-Link ADSL router?
- How to install TD-8816/8817 , TD-8840T, TD-W8901G(N), TD-W8151N,TD-W8951ND(B), TD-W8961N(D/B) to work with PPPoE
- How to install TD-8816/8817 , TD-8840T, TD-W8901G(N), TD-W8151N,TD-W8951ND(B), TD-W8961N(D/B) to work with IPoE or Dynamic IP
- How to install TD-8816/8817 , TD-8840T, TD-W8901G(N), TD-W8151N,TD-W8951ND(B), TD-W8961N(D/B) to work with IPoA or Static IP
- How to install TD-8816/8817 , TD-8840T, TD-W8901G(N), TD-W8151N,TD-W8951ND(B), TD-W8961N(D/B) to work with PPPoA
- How to make my TP-Link Wireless Modem Router support Airprint on TD-8816/8817/8840T/8901N/8151N/8961N(D/B)
- How to use Multi-NAT function ( IP address mapping for multiple IP servers) on TD-8816/8817 , TD-8840T, TD-W8901G(N), TD-W8151N,TD-W8951ND(B), TD-W8961N(D/B)
- How to configure Static Routing on TP-Link ADSL2+ modem router (Trendchip Solution)
- Why do I failed to upgrade the firmware of the DSL modem router?
- How to troubleshoot on ADSL modem router through DSL parameters checking on TD-8816/8817/8840T/8901N/8151N/8961N(D/B)
- How to configure DHCP Address Reservation on TD-8840T(V4),TD-W8968(V1/V2),TD-W8970/8980/9970/9980,Archer D2/D5/D7/D9
- How to reset TP-Link products to factory defaults
- What can I do if the xDSL LED indicator is not on constantly on my xDSL modem router?
- What can I do if I forget the login username/password of my DSL modem/router?
- How to connect/install TP-Link DSL router into your network (Wired network connection)
- Why cannot log into the Management Page with NOD 32 ESET?
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows 7&Windows 8 built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- How to configure PPPoE connection on Mac pro
- How to connect to Internet by using Windows XP built-in PPPoE Wizard with a modem at bridge mode
- ADSL Modem Router All-in-one Troubleshooting Guide
- How to set up Port Forwarding feature on my TP-Link ADSL Modem Router (Trendchip Solution)
- How to upgrade TP-Link ADSL Modem Router (TrendChip Solution)
- How to configure DHCP Address Reservation (Trendchip Solution)
- How to configure Access Control (ACL) on TP-Link ADSL2+ modem router? (Trendchip Solution)
- How to export configuration file of TP-Link ADSL Modem Router
- How to disable remote management function for TP-Link ADSL modem router
- How to secure wireless network by using ADSL Modem Router with WPA2-PSK
- How to Disable SIP ALG on TP-Link ADSL modem router
- How to set up my modem router for TPG IPTV (TC solution)
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2015-09-17||Language: English||File Size: 1.08 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
|Published Date: 2014-10-22||Language: English||File Size: 1.35 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
|Published Date: 2014-06-24||Language: English||File Size: 1.08 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.