How to choose a TP-Link Powerline product
Introduction of TP-Link Powerline products
TP-Link Powerline product is a wired or wireless network expansion device. With the help of your home’s existing electrical circuitry, it can extend Internet access to throughout your home.
There are 3 types of TP-Link Powerline products:
1. Powerline Wi-Fi Kit
Powerline Wi-Fi Kit contains a Powerline Adapter and one or more Powerline Extenders. With the help of your home’s existing electrical circuitry, it can extend your Wi-Fi to wherever you want in your house.
Here we take TL-WPA8630P KIT as an example, this Kit contains a TL-WPA8630P (Powerline Wi-Fi Extender) and a TL-PA8010P (Powerline Adapter).
We could distinguish the Powerline Extender from Adapter by the label on the product.
We could use the Powerline Wi-Fi Kit in this topology:
Via this topology, the Powerline Extender will be able to transmit a new Wi-Fi signal and extend the Wi-Fi coverage of your original wireless router.
Note: Some Powerline Wi-Fi Kit will contain more Powerline Extenders, such as TL-WPA4220 TKIT, which allow you to create more Wi-Fi hotspot.
2. Powerline Starter Kit
Powerline Starter Kit contains two or more Powerline Adapters. With the help of your home’s existing electrical circuitry, it can extend Internet access to throughout your home.
Here we take TL-PA8010P KIT as an example, this Kit contains two TL-PA8010Ps.
We could use the Powerline Starter Kit in this topology:
With this topology, your wired Network client will able to access the Internet via the Powerline Adapter. `
3. Single Powerline Wi-Fi Extender
Here we take TL-WPA4220 as an example, this Extender can work with your original Powerline products, and provide an extra Wi-Fi Hotspot in your Home.
How to choose a TP-Link Powerline product under different circumstances.
- If you don’t have any Powerline products in your home, and want to extend the Wi-Fi coverage of your original wireless router, you could choose to purchase a Powerline Wi-Fi Kit, such as TL-WPA4220 KIT and TL-WPA8630 KIT.
- If you don’t have any Powerline products in your home, and want to provide reliable wired networks for desktops, smart TVs or games consoles, you could choose to purchase Powerline Starter Kits.
- If you are already using Powerline products, and want to add an extra Wi-Fi hotspot to extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your home, you could choose to purchase a single Powerline Extender, such as TL-WPA4220.
- All TP-Link Powerline adapters are backward compatible. However, if two different adapters are being used with each other, the Powerline rate will automatically run at the lowest adapter’s settings. But we strongly suggest purchasing the same series power line adapters(For example, if you already have a set of 8 series like TL-WPA8630KIT and need purchase additional one, you may select 8 series as well) . If using an adapter from a different brand, they should be compatible with TP-Link adapters if they’re using the same standard (HomePlug AV or HomePlug AV2). However, the pairing and configuration methods for other adapters will be different and not supported by TP-Link software. We recommend all adapters used on a network be the same brand.
- Powerline products need to be paired to work. If you don’t have any powerline products, please do not purchase a single Powerline product.
Esta FAQ é útil?
Your feedback helps improve this site.