How to configure Parental Controls on 3G/4G Wireless Router TL-MR3420 (new logo)?
This function allows you to block inappropriate, explicit and malicious websites, and control access to specified websites at specified time.
I want to: Control the times of day my children or other home network users are allowed to access the internet and even types of websites they can visit. For example, I want to allow my children’s devices (e.g. a computer or a tablet) to access only www.tp-link.com and Wikipedia.org from 18:00 (6PM) to 22:00 (10PM) at the weekend and not other times.
How can I do that?
Note: TL-MR3420_V5 is used for demonstration in this article.
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with the password you set for the router. For details, please refer to How to log in to the web-based interface of Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?
2. Go to Advanced > Parental Controls and enable Parental Controls.
3. Click Add. And then Click Scan, and select the access device. Or input the Device Name and MAC Address manually.
4. Click theicon to set the internet Access Time. Drag the cursor over the appropriate cell(s) and click OK.
Note: The effective time is based on the system time of the router. To set system time, refer to How to set up System Time of 3G/4G Wireless Router TL-MR3420 (new logo)?
5. Enter a Description for the entry, tick the Enable This Entry checkbox, and then click OK.
6. Select Whitelist as the restriction policy.
• With Blacklist selected, the controlled devices cannot access any websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
• With Whitelist selected, the controlled devices can only access websites containing the specified keywords during the Internet Access Time period.
7. Click. Enter a website and click Save. You can add up to 32 keywords for either Blacklist or Whitelist. Below are some sample entries to allow access.
• For Whitelist: Enter a web address (e.g. wikipedia.org) to allow access only to its related websites. If you wish to block all internet browsing access, do not add any keyword to the Whitelist.
• For Blacklist: Specify a web address (e.g. wikipedia.org), a web address keyword (e.g. wikipedia) or a domain suffix (eg. .edu or .org) to block access only to the websites containing that keyword or suffix.
Done! Now you can control your children’s internet access as needed.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Părerea ta ajută la îmbunătățirea acestui site.