How to efficiently improve success rate of WPS?
The reason the range extender failed to connect to the front router using WPS button:
1. Not the only device using WPS
Taking network safety into consideration, while there are more than two devices are using WPS at the same time, the progress of WPS will automatically stop. So maybe that some other guys around are just pushing the WPS button at the same time, then you will fail to set the two devices connected to each other.
2. Signal interference
The progress of WPS is complicated and lots of important data need to be transmitted. There may be occasional signal interference and blockage by obstacles during data interaction, causing the packet loss, so the WPS fails.
How to efficiently improve success rate of WPS:
First, there’s something you need to know about WPS button:
Here’s the best way to use WPS button:
1. Plug the range extender just next to the router, reduce the possibility that interference lead to fail.
2. Press the WPS button on the router for 2 seconds.
3. Press the WPS button on the range extender for 2 seconds, make sure the WPS LED is flashing.
4. Just wait for more than ten seconds till the WPS LED stops flashing and the signal strength LED is solid, which means the range extender has succeed to connect to the front router.
5. Move the range extender to a more ideal location you prefer.
If after more than 30 seconds the WPS LED is still flashing, please replug the device, try the above steps again, or you can just go to the web interface of the range extender, configure the wireless connection manually.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Iscriviti alla newsletter TP-Link prende la Privacy seriamente. Per maggiori informazioni sul trattamento dei tuoi dati consulta l'Informativa Privacy.