What is the TP-Link Smart Connect feature and how to enable it?
TP-Link Smart Connect allows the router to automatically assign connected devices to the Wi-Fi band that provides the fastest speed. By balancing the load and assigning devices to the most appropriate band, Smart Connect can reduce delays and interruptions.
When Smart Connect enabled, the router’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same SSID (network name) and password. You can enjoy a seamless connection between 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
How to configure Smart Connect on TP-Link Wi-Fi router?
Here takes Archer AX50 as an example. The actual interface may vary slightly from the product model. For more details, please refer to the User Guide of your router.
Via Web Management:
1. Verify the hardware connection and make sure your router is connected to the Internet.
2. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the router.
3. Go to Advanced> Wireless> Wireless Settings and enable Smart Connect.
4. Customize your network name and password. Click Save to apply your settings.
Via Tether App:
1. Connect to your TP-Link Wi-Fi Router.
2. Launch the Tether App and select your router from the Device list.
3. Go to Wireless settings and toggle on Smart Connect.
4. Customize your network name and password. Click SAVE to apply your settings.
When to enable Smart Connect?
1) When you are not sure which frequency band or which location provides the best wireless signal
Wireless signals cannot stay stable all the time. Thus, sometimes it is necessary to change the frequency to get a better signal. If you are not sure which frequency band or which location provides the best, just relax and try the Smart Connect on your TP-Link router.
2) When you have devices released at different times
Devices released at different periods have different compatibility with the 5 GHz wireless network. Some legacy devices can only work well at the 2.4 GHz wireless network. If you have many legacy devices mixed with the newer devices in the wireless network, your 2.4 GHz networks might be overloaded for piling too many devices on it. Enable Smart Connect to allow the router to automatically choose the most efficient band so that every device can reach its full potential.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Iscriviti alla newsletter TP-Link prende la Privacy seriamente. Per maggiori informazioni sul trattamento dei tuoi dati consulta l'Informativa Privacy.