What should I do if no APN profile or wrong APN profile is detected by TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router?
Normally after we insert a working and compatible SIM card into the TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router, the corresponding APN profile will be detected automatically, thus the router will be plugged and play. However, in some cases, the SIM card itself is detected by the router but no APN profile or wrong APN profile is detected, thus internet access might not work, you could follow the solutions in this article to solve the problem.
Note: If your SIM card isn’t detected at all, it would be a different issue, please refer to: What should I do if my TP-Link 4G LTE Router cannot detect SIM card?
Solution 1: Check if there is another correct profile listed
Check the drop-down list of the Profile Name to see if there is any other available profile, if so, try other profiles to see if it solves the problem.
Solution 2: Search the network manually
1) Change Network Search from Auto to Manual
2) Then it will search available networks manually, you could select the network that your SIM card should use, then check if the correct APN profile will be detected
Solution 3: Create a profile manually
Click Create Profile, then specify or select Profile Name, PDP Type, APN, Username&Password(optional), and also Authentication Type manually, then save it.
If you are not sure of any of those parameters, please contact your SIM card carrier.
Solution 4: Check and upgrade ISP file version
1) Check the current ISP file on your 4G LTE Router on Advanced > Network > ISP Upgrade page
2) Compare it with the latest ISP file available on the official website, such as ISP files for Archer MR600(EU) V3, if your current ISP file version is older than the latest one on the official website, please download the latest ISP file and go to next step.
3) Go to Advanced > Network > ISP Upgrade page to upgrade the ISP file.
You could refer to How to upgrade the ISP file of TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router
Note: ISP file version is not allowed to downgrade, so If your current ISP file version is newer than the latest ISP file available on the official website, just make sure your firmware version is also the latest one, there is no need to upgrade ISP file for now.
If all the above solutions don’t solve the problem, please refer to the Troubleshooting guide of no internet access with TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Questa faq è utile?
Your feedback helps improve this site.